Which Course..... HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ski

Reaction score
Hi There,

I hope I'm writing in the right place.... I'm very new to this site
I'm hoping some of you guys can help - send me in the right direction as my brain is on verge of meltdown trying to ecide what to do...

I'd like to train as a beauty therapist... Being a mum to 2 very young children I'm going to have to study at a private college as opposed to a public but I've no clue really what course to do...

I've found a college in London that offers NVQ Level 2 or a City & Guilds Diploma aswell as their own 'Diplomas'...
Was thinking of doing the C&G Level 2 Diploma but worried that this qualification wont be substantial enough as I've only ever heard of the NVQ Qualification.....
Ideally I'm looking to set up on my own and work from home

Sooooooo confused on what to do,
Can anyone offer any guidance, advice, help? Pleeeeeeeeeease :)

Best Wishes

xx

If you are looking to work within a salon a NVQ is always best, but if you are looking at working for yourself then it’s not really a factor as long as your feel the course you have chosen is giving you the skills and confidence you need then that’s fine, you can always do other courses after to improve your knowledge and skills. x

NNQs are great, many of our learners study our 25 week NVQ programme and then add to their skill set by studying our diploma courses such as lash extensions, massage, nail extensions and so on.

www.Hallsofivy.co.uk

Many Thanks for your reply...

Ideally I'd like to work from home if I can...
Am I right in understanding then that their 'Diplomas' would probably be sufficient and the C&G isnt really needed....
The cost difference is quite considerable between them...

Latest posts

Back