Which eyelash tint doesn't require a patch test every time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate1982

Reaction score
Question is in the title really.
I have written confirmation from all my product companies hair, glue etc and in the whole they patch test 48 hours before 1st time then anytime there is a change or every 6 months.
However every eyelash tint company I have tried say patch test each client every single time.
Does anyone know of a company who don't require this?
Thanks

There has been a thread on here recently about refectocil saying that you obviously have to patch test but not every time. I'll see if I can find a link.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You shouldn't have to patch test every time you do the same client unless you have changed products. Obviously you need to patch test a new client for the first time.

The insurance company always say follow manufacturers instructions. And if you read the instructions they say patch test EVERY time. It's a pain in the ass.

Yes its often something like 'patch test 48 hours before hand'.

I would naturally assume that their last treatment would almost act as a patch test.
Refectocil have apparently changed their wording!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Strictly professional.

I use Refectocil and we have to patch test every time. I have just re newed our insurance, and there is a new clause in there to , stating a patch test must be carried out prior to every treatment. It is a pain and to be honest we are doing less and less tinting due to this. It seems they just can not be bothered to pop in 48 hours before every single time.

I use Refectocil and we have to patch test every time. I have just re newed our insurance, and there is a new clause in there to , stating a patch test must be carried out prior to every treatment. It is a pain and to be honest we are doing less and less tinting due to this. It seems they just can not be bothered to pop in 48 hours before every single time.

Are you patch testing every time because your insurance stipulates you must, regardless of brand?

Refectocil do seem to have changed their instruction with the new formulation packaging and they now simply state 'patch test is advisable'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 245
wen I trained the tutors always told us if I client doesn't come for a patch test they can sign a form to say they concent to the treatment carrying on without a patch test?

wen I trained the tutors always told us if I client doesn't come for a patch test they can sign a form to say they concent to the treatment carrying on without a patch test?

No you must never do this.You must always follow your insurers advice.
This is a disclaimer and they do not stand up if ever a claim was made against you.Your tutor was giving very bad and incorrect advice.

This is a disclaimer and they do not stand up if ever a claim was made against you.Your tutor was giving very bad and incorrect advice.

seriously!!
omg this is how I was trained and what I have been doing if people could not make patch tests etc, I'm furious

I haven't noticed the new instructions, thank you. But my insurance states i must , i have just renewed (royal sun alliance), i have been with them for about 7 years. Does anyone elses insurance stipulate this ? I would seriously consider changing companies, it is losing us so much money.

I haven't noticed the new instructions, thank you. But my insurance states i must , i have just renewed (royal sun alliance), i have been with them for about 7 years. Does anyone elses insurance stipulate this ? I would seriously consider changing companies, it is losing us so much money.

I'm insured with ABT and this is their policy -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 292
Brilliant thank you.

Unless you are with an insurer that states a client can waiver the right to a test and sign a disclaimer. After all the wording on most manufacturers instructions is a skin test is RECOMMENDED or ADVISED.

Technically the right wording is a skin test MUST be done 48hour prior to an application.

There used to be some companies that allowed this, don't know if there still is!

I'm insured with ABT and this is their policy -

That's funny they state that as I know of 3 cases of people being sued because a skin test was carried out 24 hours before not 48hours.

Unless you are with an insurer that states a client can waiver the right to a test and sign a disclaimer. After all the wording on most manufacturers instructions is a skin test is RECOMMENDED or ADVISED.

Technically the right wording is a skin test MUST be done 48hour prior to an application.

There used to be some companies that allowed this, don't know if there still is!

Would there be an insurer that gave that advice.That would surely make them negligent as well.

Really?

I'm very surprised any competent trainer would state this. Where did you train?

Ok I've just been on the phone to BABTAC and asked the question. I explained I have been a therapist for 19years and was only ever taught to do a patch test with every new client. And not been told we would have to do a patch test every time you do a tint....with existing/new clients. She advised you she follow the manufacturers advise on product and go with that. If you don't Babtac will not pay out to a claim. You do also have to check with your insurance company if not babtac as this may not be the case but probably would be. She also said this applies to HD Brows. If the manufacturer doesn't state this then you go with how you were trained. I also asked about disclaimers and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you didn't do a patch test and needed to claim with just a disclaimer. This is very interesting and a pain being a mobile therapist and if I hadn't read this I would never have known this!! There must be a lot of therapists out there doing exactly the same thing and not knowing this!!

I forgot to say the reason behind this is because a manufacturer could change their ingredients and therefore a client could become allergic.

Latest posts

Back