Which facial products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harriettex

Reaction score
Hi,

I am about to open my own salon and would like to know everyone's opinions on facial products . I don't have a big budget so need something on the cheaper side but want great results, does anyone have any reccomendations?

I started with kaeso and have now added crystal clear.
Kaeso is very good for the price and retails well.
No one has ever reacted to it either with me.

Why not try maybelline products, are good and famous as cosmetics products in the world.

OK, so she didn't specify she want professional skin care, i thought she asked about professional cosmetics products.

I started with kaeso and have now added crystal clear.
Kaeso is very good for the price and retails well.
No one has ever reacted to it either with me.
Is Kaseo ideal for a beauty salon start up or is it only suitable for mobile start up x

Kaeso is suitable for salons and many spas stock it too.

I was on a tight budget when I set up so I bought the retail kit for each skin type plus the other basics like eye cleanser & gel and massage cream. This way I had small sizes but the whole range. As I finished pots I'd buy in the bigger size.
This way if there is a product you rarely use you only have a small amount of it on your shelf .

If you have a bigger budget just go for the large sizes from the start.

The boxed retail kits sell very well so definitely get one of each to retail straight away.

The manicure and pedicure ranges are also excellent.

Thanks a lot love;)

Eve Taylor is great and I've started to use Neals yard also xx

I use Neal's Yard and they are lovely products to work with

I love Eve Taylor products :)

Another recommendation for NYR Organic (Neal’s Yard) too!

Low start up, but a high in quality, ethics as a brand, great support, training and access to regularly updated marketing and promotional support materials.

The products sell extremely well, because not only are they a great quality as already mentioned, but get a lot of media coverage, and awards so people know and trust the brand.

I would like to add, that they are a direct sales company, but you are not required to do party plan.

If you wish to discuss further, please feel free to get in touch, and I would be happy to send out samples if you wish!

The downside of direct sales means your clients can set up as therapists as well. It depends how important a professional range is to you. The mark up on mlm products is also a lot less than with a professional range.

Vic x

Have a look at a brand called Face Matters if you are looking for an anti-aging range. It is a fairly small brand, but you don't need a minimum order and is 45% discount for salons. I'm a little biased as I came across the brand through the owner knowing my Dad, and I was so impressed with it I wrote a facial course specific for using the products. But I'm not trying to sell here, the products are definitely worth a trial. Sally, the owner, is from Hampshire and has developed it all from scratch and the products are made in Dorset. That's a selling point for me as I'm in North Dorset so liked the local element. NYR I have used and they are lovely products, but the MLM element can be a disadvantage for them. If I train students I do recommend them as a brand for starting out, especially if they have an offer on the kit. Another brand which I love is the Cognito Spa range. There is a group on Facebook worth joining. Sarah makes all the products herself in Suffolk and they smell absolutely divine I must say!

I love Eve Taylor products :)
I would really like to try some of the products, I'm setting up on my own (a salon) and I'm looking for a really nice new and ethical skin product to use for facials, I'm wasnt too bothered about selling at the moment but if the product can sell that would be a bonus, it would be great if the customer could buy a specific product I'd used whilst in the salon.

Latest posts

Back