Which file? Acrylic to Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubytues

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Hopefully some of you nail techs can help me.
I have a client in next for Shellac as she wants to convert from Acrylic. I know she still has her acrylic on and as far as I'm aware they are buff off.
What's the best file to use and approx how much time should I add to her appointment?
Thank you x

If its acrylic l&p you can soak off tho it might take some time depending what type and if its hard gel then that will require buffing down till you leave a thin layer, then you can shellac over the top. Not lot ver acrylic you don't ave to do a base coat but as they'll be some infill area I would do a base coat.

If its acrylic l&p you can soak off tho it might take some time depending what type and if its hard gel then that will require buffing down till you leave a thin layer, then you can shellac over the top. Not lot ver acrylic you don't ave to do a base coat but as they'll be some infill area I would do a base coat.

Thanks Maz! She's not quite sure what it is herself but I don't think it's a gel. Possibly tips with L&P.
Would you recommend I file then soak? x

Latest posts

Back