Which gel products for nail designs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lydie_pie

Reaction score
Hello!
Looking for some advice around nail art gels and tools. When I’m using the gel it’s bleeds a bit, and it looks quite thin. So do any of you lovely people have any advice for brands to get really clean lines for nail edges or flame looks? Thanks in advance xxxx
(I tried to upload a pic but it said the image was too large)xx

Many brands have gelpaints that are higher viscosity/more pigmented for nail art purposes. Some gels needs to be gently stirred before using to mix the pigments. I use the Ikoniq PRIMA polishes which aren’t very thick but highly pigmented and get very nice and exact results.
Re brushes, I’d say a very fine detail brush, a stripe brush and something giving a bit more coverage is essentials, for me at least ☺️

Attachments

• CAB93398-5940-4516-AD11-81B5CF0EE0F2.jpeg
    CAB93398-5940-4516-AD11-81B5CF0EE0F2.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 36
Yh
Many brands have gelpaints that are higher viscosity/more pigmented for nail art purposes. Some gels needs to be gently stirred before using to mix the pigments. I use the Ikoniq PRIMA polishes which aren’t very thick but highly pigmented and get very nice and exact results.
Re brushes, I’d say a very fine detail brush, a stripe brush and something giving a bit more coverage is essentials, for me at least ☺️

Thanks so much - I’ll have a look at that brand. You nail art is amazing!
Thank you ☺️ they’re sooo good, as it’s regular gel polish it’s super versatile. Can really recommend them, as I had the same problems you’re describing with my previous brand ☺️

Are you on insta? I’d love to follow you for inspiration!

Are you on insta? I’d love to follow you for inspiration!
Thank you, that’s so sweet! I’m stained_claws ☺️ you can see such a big difference in the quality after I changed system! :D

This one-stoke was made entirely using the IKON.IQ PRIMA gel polish. Separate gel paints are no longer needed as it is possible to make even very fine detail nail art using this.

Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 18.35.34.png

Latest posts

Back