Which hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridget1802

Reaction score
Hi All

I am after some advice....

Last year I had half a head of Racoon hair extensions, within a week I had lost quite a few and they took my own hair out with them resulting in a couple of bald patches

My hair is pretty fine but I have lots of it, after about 12 weeks I lost a few more extensions and stupidly got my friend to remove them and took lots of my own hair with it!

6 months on I would like to give them another shot I personally think that 2 much hair extension was put in with too little of my own hair making them too heavy for me, and also with hindsight I wasn't fully aware of how to look after them and seperate the bonds, I think I feared loosing more the more I tried to seperate them, and taken them out instead of letting a professional do this was a big no no!

I would like to give them another go but I am wondering would micro rings be more suitable? my hair is pretty long so I only want them for volume and fullness not length, and I do have more time now to maintain them and if need be visit a salon regularly to have them checked over and seperated

Should I give the racoon ones another go?

Thanks
Bridget x

God I hate Raccoon. I think they actually get the hair from raccoons.... :eek:
They need to be done well too. We use Tasha Jacks and Bonita. I find both very good, Bonita being a good budget range, and the pre bonded comes in 0.5g so there is less weight pulling on your natural hair. You'd need more of them in of course, but in my experience, more finer extensions look far better than thick straggly "Roxy from Eastenders" ones.
I'm a bit far from you, but why dont you see if any Geeks are in your area that offer good extensions like this?
xxx

God I hate Raccoon. I think they actually get the hair from raccoons.... :eek:
They need to be done well too. We use Tasha Jacks and Bonita. I find both very good, Bonita being a good budget range, and the pre bonded comes in 0.5g so there is less weight pulling on your natural hair. You'd need more of them in of course, but in my experience, more finer extensions look far better than thick straggly "Roxy from Eastenders" ones.
I'm a bit far from you, but why dont you see if any Geeks are in your area that offer good extensions like this?
xxx

Ah really, I didn't realise they had a bad rep, thanks for the advice I will take a look and do a bit of research the next time I have them done I want them to be spot on

Thanks
Bridget x

Latest posts

Back