Which is best???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie P

Reaction score
Hi all.

(if all the words are different fonts I'm sorry my computer is playing up!LOL)
I am a total newbie to the site, came across it by accident but am loving it :green:.
I'm wanting to get onto a nail technology course, but there are so many which one is best?? I dont havemuch in the way of funding so I want the bestformy money If you know what I mean!
I have a dvd from NSI and that looks really good, but it seems expensive at £500+VAT for The five day foundation course using The Attraction Acrylic System. I dont have time to do a 5 day course as I have two young children!

There is the option of going to my local collage on a part time basis which starts in september! This is 3 hours on a tuesday night for 29 weeks! this is £286.05 ( but i may qualify for a fee reduction)

I have been on 'Top Talons' website (they are based in chesterfield) they do a one day course where you learn to do acrylic & UV gel. They have Qualified tutors and accredited training school. Courses approved by BABTAC and the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists.
They have two ways of doing a course...
1. Free course
A kit must be purchased in full prior to the training date which includes all the products for you to use on the day. The full training kit is £175 +vat.
This is a full and comprehensive kit and includes a beauty box. The kit is a large comprehensive kit, full of enough products to carry out approx 20 -25 full sets of nails.
2. full price course
Cost £100+vat

Course includes...
full health and safety
client consultations and contra indications
natural nail preparation
clear tip application and blending
white tips
overlay of product
permanent french manicure
finishing
infill theory and after care are also covered.

So over to you guys the ones who have BEEN THERE DONE THAT! which is best??

I'm not a nail tech but I can't imagine that you can learn all you need to in one day.
CND courses are well respected in the industry - I've done the nails naturally mani and pedi courses as a one to one with one of the best, and it's stood me in very good stead.

Im at college at mo and i must say if you want the best training the go to nsi,cnd ect.Colleges are ok but iv notice there training is a little behind, for eg. I asked my tutour if she could show me how to do a bitten nail she replted, its (tricky) the client should have a nno instead.:eek: .So get the best out of your training and go to the best,i wish i did.,The price dont matter your work do.hth.xxx

Thank you for your replies, I am going to keep looking to find the right course for me. I dont want to take the first one that comes along! plus my son starts nursery soon so I'll have more time to spend on my soon to be new profession!
I do have another question... Is there somewhere on here where I can see the abbreiviations!?!? what is nno????

natural nail overlay

Give Creative Nail Design a call on 0845 210 6060 and ask about the foundation course,
this takes 5 days but the days are spread out over 3 month so you get plenty of time to practise in between each class,
the classes run from 10am to 4pm,
this is the only company that i know of that has won numerous awards for the education they give,
hth :hug:
(hth = hope that helps)

Latest posts

Back