Which is the best home auburn/copper hair colour to use, hair has had high lift tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawneb2005

Reaction score
:Scared:please can someone help as I have a few dilemmas about colouring my hair?
Firstly let me start by saying Im 36 years old my natural colour is med brown and have had grey hair since I was approx 18 so have always had an issue with roots as in I have to do them approx every 2 weeks!
I have been dying my hair light golden brown for a while which I liked but decided to go with lightest golden brown by clariol. This was fine until I washed my hair with T GEL shampoo and it stripped the colours on my hair making the difference in the 2 very noticeable in the daylight.
To even out my colour my hair dresser has given me a full head with foils of high lift tint so now my hair is a blonde/coppery colour until I decide what colour was going to do.
The colour is fine but not really me I dont feel comfortable on the blonde side. ive always been a brunette/red/golden girl.
Now Im left with the dilemma of going back to lightest golden brown or changing my hair to auburn/cooper (as in Ashley Simpsons once colour) which Id really like to do but I need to know...
a.What is the best home colour to use as I cant afford to go to a salon every 2 weeks for my roots.
b.Can I put the colour straight on my hair now or does it have to be lightened again? its quite light now.
c.Whats the best colour that wont make my roots go pink!
d. Is auburn copper?? there are so many shades and I dont want a dark reddy colour.
Im driving my husband insane he doesnt see why Im finding it hard to choose between 2 colours. I know lightest golden brown is the safest option but id really like to try the copper colour but dont want to screw it up.:Scared:

Latest posts

Back