Which lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginahhrose

Reaction score
Qualified in semi lashes this week and ATM all I have is j curl from my kit and bought some c curl in 0.20 when I qualified but was looking at buying so,e b and d curls. We're is the best place to buy them from as I've seen loads but don't want to keep buying from different places as I know the curls can vary slightly.

Also, the glue Ime using from nouveau sets in 5-8 seconds and Ime finding this to slow even though it's the fast setting glue. I've seen the sky glue and was going to try that but does anyone have any other recommendations? And if I uses. Different glue do I need to use the same protein remover pads and sealer or does it not matter with lashes?

Thanks xxx

The protein removal pads and sealers are optional products and will work with any brand of lashes that you choose. Black Diamond is our top-selling sealant and has been around for many years, it is available from most established lash suppliers. I personally don't use sealant, as it is not absolutely necessary, it's important to let the glue cure properly (8-36hours depending on which glue you use) and it complicates infills. It is probably best sold as an aftercare product along with eyelash extension mascaras and eyeliners.

Protein removal pads are very convenient and work well, I prefer them to primer. They also ensure that the lash is hydrated which is essential for consistent glue bonds.

As far as the lashes themselves go, we pride ourselves on selling the best quality lashes and glues at good value with big stocks across a range of sizes but I would say that as I'm from the Eyelash Emporium ;). You can, however, see independently certified reviews of products on our site that you may not get on a forum. Google us if you would like to find out more.

Last edited:
Thanks, so if I change glue and still use my nouveau protein pads and sealer it's okay?

And how does a sealer affect infills? I was always taught to use it on every client. Xx

Thanks, so if I change glue and still use my nouveau protein pads and sealer it's okay?

And how does a sealer affect infills? I was always taught to use it on every client. Xx
Hi Ginahhrose. . yes it's perfectly okay to mix brands with these kinds of products. If a manufacturer has a product that is designed as part of a system they must specify this and should be able to back it up with a reason. We have done comparative testing on most lash products on the market and have found no CA interaction problems with any of the sealants we tried. We stock the 2 best ones that we tested, some prefer one, some the other but there is not a massive difference.

The use of sealer is a personal choice, when I first trained the glues were not nearly as durable and needed sealant to protect the bond. There are still some of these 1st gen glues on the market, This is not the place to say which ones but you can tell them from the strong smell. I spent 18 months developing a new glue with one of Europe's top adhesive chemists that would have the qualities that lash artists want and not need sealant. So; if you are using one of the market leading European glues, sealer is optional. It's just an additional thing to clean off when you do your infills and, if put on too soon, can actually affect the glue bond.

I have bought a number of products from Eyelash Emporium recently and highly recommend their products, competitive prices and quick delivery. However for actual lashes, my favourites to work with are Double Tapered lashes from eyeluvlashes.co.uk which blend in beautifully to the natural lash because they are double ended rather than have a bulb at the bonding end of the lash. Free delivery too x

Thanks, ime looking at lashes now and getting confused! I've got loads of j curls and I bought c curls in 0.20 8, 9 and 10, I want to buy some b and d curls but what lengths and thicknesses should I buy to start with? Been looking all night and can't decide but need to order today as I have first clients in this week!!!

I would buy trays of mixed lengths so you've got a full range for when your client shows up. The lashes you use should be 1 third to 1 half longer than the natural lash. The double tapered lashes come in mini trays of mixed lengths for £8.95 which is more than enough for one or two clients and gives you a chance you to try them out without spending loads. I use 0.2 thickness or 1.5s, but again, it depends on your clients natural lashes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back