Which nail lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny days

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to be using Gelish for my gel polish and am now buying my lamp.

I feel the LED is best but the gelish lamp is out of my price range.

Can anyone recommend a suitable lamp for using with gelish that's reasonably priced and suitable for mobile work?

Hope you can help :) x

What is your price range? I have the Gelish 18g that I got at Sally's for almost $500 after tax which was expensive. But I recently purchased the a Gelish 5/45 for only $200 for travelling which I found to be reasonably priced considering it works wonders and is so lite and compact and cures all 5 fingers perfectly. Had I known it was that good I would have only got that one for my studio in the beginning. And they have their Gelish Mini pro which I think was $70 which is very cheap for a reasonable LED - but I think that one only cures 4 fingers at a time if I'm not mistaken.

**** keep in mind this is Canadian dollars, not US.

What is your price range? I have the Gelish 18g that I got at Sally's for almost $500 after tax which was expensive. But I recently purchased the a Gelish 5/45 for only $200 for travelling which I found to be reasonably priced considering it works wonders and is so lite and compact and cures all 5 fingers perfectly. Had I known it was that good I would have only got that one for my studio in the beginning. And they have their Gelish Mini pro which I think was $70 which is very cheap for a reasonable LED - but I think that one only cures 4 fingers at a time if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you.

Ideally £100 or less.

I keep thinking should I invest in the gelish one but it's so expensive when starting out and I'll be mobile so need something light x

Gelish have the 5-45 lamp which is the smaller one (but this doesn't cure gelish hard gel)
Then the 18g which obviously is more expensive but it is so worth it. xx

Is led the way forward?

Uv lamps are cheaper but thinking in the long run the led is better?

Not sure if the Cuccio led one is suitable but they have 1/3 off their lamps so the big and small one are both within your price range x

I use UV at the mo which works great however I'm saving up for the Gelish 18g for speed more than anything :)

Do you think it's worth waiting and paying the extra for the gelish lamp?

The 18g one is fab! I am mobile and it fits in my case. I know its expensive but I bought it in the large set from harmony to get me started and I think it was worth investing in!

Any advice on opi verses gelish lamp?

I know most will disagree with me, but even before gel polish came around, I only used OPI Laquer In my studio and the spa I worked at, and I still have several favourite OPI Lacquer colors that I just had to buy in their Gelcolor, and just use my Gelish LED lamp and it works perfectly.

I love opi too!

Should I definitely get an LED? Is uv more versatile for if I do gel nails in the future?

I guess I could say UV MAY me more versatile...... I guess because you can use brands such as CND Shellac and others which only cures with UV unfortunately. But I think for the future most gels that will come out will be curable with LED. They're more efficient, more reliable, and much less time consuming..... In long run saving us much more money as you always need to be changing bulbs with UV, and never have to with LED. Which is what consumers want. SO with that being said, I think retailers want to cater to consumers wants and needs. So I'd say LED is the way to go for the future of your business.

I purchased the cuccio led lamp at olympia... bargain compared to the other brand led's

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have the 5-45 gelish lamp (as much as I wanted the 18g it was out of my price range!) and I'm very happy. Cures all 5 fingers, is quick, small and light and is good for fingers and toes.

After watching a Doug schoon talk at Olympia beauty I would definitely recommend you stick to the brands own lamp as it really is more important than most think (including myself!) but there are *plenty* of threads for you to read up on that dotted about over salongeek! Xx

Woah, that's expensive! I got my 18g at cosmoprof for $300.

Woah, that's expensive! I got my 18g at cosmoprof for $300.

Whaaaaaat!? Wow.... I just went to get my receipt to make sure I wasn't mistaken haha, but I got mine at Cosmoprof too and it was $395, so after tax came up to $450. I guess it has gone down in price. Grrrr! Lol

Is led the way forward?

Uv lamps are cheaper but thinking in the long run the led is better?

If you can afford it then go for the 18g. You will not be disappointed. It looks great, does the job perfectly (my clients always comment on how pretty it is )
You don't need to replace the bulbs and it's really compact too so it can be stored easily. Xx

Whaaaaaat!? Wow.... I just went to get my receipt to make sure I wasn't mistaken haha, but I got mine at Cosmoprof too and it was $395, so after tax came up to $450. I guess it has gone down in price. Grrrr! Lol

That's crazy! :p I got mine a little over a year ago.

Latest posts

Back