Which professional body?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise Richardson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently studying beauty and want to start thinking about joining a professional body. I am a little confused over Which is the best. I have been looking at BABTAC and the The Guild of Beauty Therapy. The Guild seem to have more further training in my area, this seems to be the only benefit. Do you get Your your insurance through the professional body? Your advice and experience would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I used to use BABTAC but switched to the Guild a number of years ago. At the time they were just more pro-active with advice for salon owners.
On the few times I have contacted them with a question they got back to me quickly with helpful accurate advice.

I think BABTAC have upped their game recently so there probably isn't much between them now.

I used to use BABTAC but switched to the Guild a number of years ago. At the time they were just more pro-active with advice for salon owners.
On the few times I have contacted them with a question they got back to me quickly with helpful accurate advice.
I think BABTAC have upped their game recently so there probably isn't much between them now.

Thanks for that. That is really helpful. I got a sense from their website that this was the case...they appear to be trying to be more convincing than the guild but didn't want to be lured by just a good website!

You can join several organisations, just make sure you don't accidentally double up on the insurance costs! I have a policy with Balens so that takes care of insurance but I have BABTAC membership along with several other professional bodies. It's quite nice as for a small membership only fee I can get website help / magazines / marketing tips from several sources.

Latest posts

Back