Which Room To Rent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMB

Reaction score
Hi all, I have just been to look at a salon, it is at the end of a high street, above a hairdressers. Rent is £90 per week, incl. water, electric etc. but i have to pay for phone as it has its own phone line. Only thing is is that it is an old building (in an old town) and floor in treatment room is on a slight slop so couch will have to against wall (not possible for massages). I also have another room included in the price to be used as a reception room/area.
I have also looked at another room in a nearby village (not on a highstreet) but it is an expensive area, i can rent this for £100 week incl elec, phone etc. and also have the hair staff to take my bookings/calls and i have a nail room and a treatment room for this price and can also rent it for £50 per week to start with until i build up my clients. So do i go for room in the high street or room in expensive village? Really dont know what to do!!!

Which area will give you the kind of clients you are after.

I think you may get more afluent clients in the more exepnsive area - plus having your appointments booked for you will be a big bonus!

Hi all, I have just been to look at a salon, it is at the end of a high street, above a hairdressers. Rent is £90 per week, incl. water, electric etc. but i have to pay for phone as it has its own phone line. Only thing is is that it is an old building (in an old town) and floor in treatment room is on a slight slop so couch will have to against wall (not possible for massages). I also have another room included in the price to be used as a reception room/area.
I have also looked at another room in a nearby village (not on a highstreet) but it is an expensive area, i can rent this for £100 week incl elec, phone etc. and also have the hair staff to take my bookings/calls and i have a nail room and a treatment room for this price and can also rent it for £50 per week to start with until i build up my clients. So do i go for room in the high street or room in expensive village? Really dont know what to do!!!

I would suggest to both places that you start of on a commision basic or have rent free period.

When I was renting a room I was given a month rent free and untill I was busy I was on a commision base.

I would do some research around the area and ask people in the street if they would use you and what treatments they would have etc.

Also its worth getting a business adviser too! Let us know what you decided.

Good Luck :hug:

Latest posts

Back