Which skin care range to go for?!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst

Reaction score
Im setting up my own salon at the end of May and am really struggling to decide which skincare range to go for...
My salon will have two treatment rooms and a reception area, but won't have a shower for certain body treatments.

My aim is to introduce a range which is quite natural but still results driven and able to accomodate all skin types. At the moment Im torn between Decleor and Gatineau... Both ranges I've used in the past and really liked.

Has anybody got any suggestions of other ranges or feedback on the above??

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!!!

Thanks! :D Jen

I think decleor would be one to go with i've worked with it for around a year now and love it and use it personally and its not majorly expensive from a clients buying point of view in my opinion. Dermologica is another really good natural range i work with and it is also great to use and clients like it aswell.

But try and find out what other salons in the area your's will be and see what they use and also try and see if you can find out if the range proves well with their clients and do they get plenty of clients, requesting treatments using this range, say like if they dont get many clients after Decleor treatments and opt for their Clarins treatments instead, maybe go for the more popular if thats what the demographic in the area seem to favour then its more likely to prove a successful house to use.

Sorry ive got on a little bit, ive just done the marketing part of my degree so its fresh in the head and ready to be spilled out :)
HTH.x

I'd also choose Decleor, but then I am biased as I use Decleor in my salon & have to say it's been fantastic for my business! The products & treatments are to die for, the company support is fantastic & the training is thorough & free with the opening account. They are also a name to conjure with, which makes retail of both products & services a lot easier. Oddly enough I have recently converted a few Gatineau clients onto Decleor!

Thanks both,

thats really helpful advice!! Interesting to hear you've converted some Gatineau followers martin!! I am drawn to Decleor and agree that the treatments are lush... The only thing thats swaying me is the minimum opening order amount (as its coming in at quite a bit more than Gatineau) but I spose you've got much more in the range with face, body and mens products and they are a top quality range.

Thanks again!! Think I'm nearer to making my decission!! :D

The range is certainly a lot more comprehensive than Gatineau, and there's also the new sun range (SPF 15 & 30 face & body creams, sun oils, after sun creams & a gorgeous new self-developing fake tan). The clients that I converted from Gatineau all said they felt that the range had stagnated a bit & that they never seemed to change anything. In contrast Decleor have been on a reformulation drive with Hydra-Floral & Nutri-Divine both having been relauched in the last year, and with a few new products, including a neck creams & two night creams (to complement the balms). There's also another relaunch to come later this year, which is quite exciting!

Also, over the last two years Decleor have been pulling out the stops with gift sets wherein for the cost of one product they're often getting £20+ of free trial products, which has been excellent for my retail sales, and has got people trying out & ultimately buying different products.

i agree with martin! decleor products are no less than amazing! they all smell and feel fab! leave your skin feeling gorgeous!
ive been working with decleor for 5 years now and use all the range on my skin at home!
Also the treatments are amazing too! definately go with decleor! u wont be disapointed! i no i have only just really said what martin said, but its just because decleor are so so good!
good luck with whatever you go for! xx

I use gerards in the salon, lovely products, realistic start up packages! no minimum order and great customer service. I always steer clear of products that are on qvc, they tend to put kits togeher cheaper than what salons can. good luck with your new venture:hug:

For natural, holistic treatments I would def plump for decleor. Well known, beautifully presented and mid price range. Gatineau is nice, but not so well known, you would have to work harder to sell it.

Thats great help everyone! Thank you so much!

It's really helped to get feedback from other therapists who are working with the products and how they find them overall.

I think I've decided to deffinatly go with Decleor... The area where I'll be based is in a small town, with the next nearest Decleor salon approx 20 miles away so it would be a good point of difference to my competitors in the town - especially as they're a top quality range.

Thanks again and thanks for the support! ;)

Jen

Latest posts

Back