Which toner shade

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi
now Im not sure which is best to use on my hair.... my hairdresser and I have said to use a toner after about 4/5 weeks as it does lose the tone and go a bit brassy. I manage to go 8 weeks before roots need doing.
I have magma 89+ and a high lift colour 12/11 as highlights, Im a natural 3-4.
I know others have recommended 0/6 silver violet from ColourFRESH and Im happy to use Wella as Im familiar and use the other colours myself, question is I also see they do an 8/81 I think it is still in the silver ColourFRESH range but its a light pearl Ash shade, which is going to be better for me? The Wella magma colour is called Pearl cendre so should I assume the latter toner is best?

Last edited:
Hi
now Im not sure which is best to use on my hair.... my hairdresser and I have said to use a toner after about 4/5 weeks as it does lose the tone and go a bit brassy. I manage to go 8 weeks before roots need doing.
I have magma 89+ and a high lift colour 12/11 as highlights, Im a natural 3-4.
I know others have recommended 0/6 silver violet from ColourFRESH and Im happy to use Wella as Im familiar and use the other colours myself, question is I also see they do an 8/81 I think it is still in the silver ColourFRESH range but its a light pearl Ash shade, which is going to be better for me? The Wella magma colour is called Pearl cendre so should I assume the latter toner is best?

Hi, Paulette both are good and very gentle the 8/81 is good for the roots but if your hair is very absorbent at the ends you could switch the ends over to the silver

although these colours dont usually grab
you still have to be careful with any ash toner on very white or porous ends ,
so perhaps a test piece first or if the ends are fine and they are not white
put it on the roots first then carefully do the ends last and keep a watchful eye on it ,

I really do think test pieces are the way forward here
good luck Paulette :hug: x minky

Thanks Minky Yes definately test pieces first as some of my hair is very light on the ends and needing a good cut too but I held my hairdresser off until next time for a good cut. Ive bought the 0/6 silver one today so in a few weeks I may try it out but Im worried incase it goes a funny colour so I may even add it to conditioner to start with.

Latest posts

Back