White blonde to natural blonde shade

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raerae2477

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks! I need help with a colour. I use wella and colour touch and in the last few months my client has gone from a 12/17 highlift to very very nearly white blonde with highlighting and then eventually scalp bleach with a toner. She now wants to tone this all down again to about a base 9 with fine low lights going through (pictures added) she is a base warm 8 naturally. Any suggestions? I don't want to just use a colour that is just going to fade within 2 weeks, I know I need to allow for fading but would like advice please View attachment 84134View attachment 84135View attachment 84136

I personally wouldn't drop the depth.

I'd just do foils with a 10 line colour such as 10/16, 10/96... With 9% or 12% depending what you feel it needs and then conditioner on the ends.

While its in the foil i'd do a backdrop to bring the rest down to an 8, prepig with perfecton /3 and sponge.

Apply something like 8/71 or 8/38 in colour touch.

Once washed out tone the blonde with something warm, 10/38, 9/36...

Could I prepig with colour touch? I have done this before but only from going to blonde to a 6

I would foil low lights through the whole head nothing to low only about a level 7 then flood with a level 9 that would naturalise that whole head nose look down would add my pre pig into both tints for this or you could foil out her old h/l (if there's a root then just h/l that) then flood with a level 7/6 maybe again id put my prepig in with my tint for this again a lot less mess and all done in one go! Let us no how you get on take some before and after pics we love a pic on here 👍 x

Could I prepig with colour touch? I have done this before but only from going to blonde to a 6

Yeah but its not the best.

0/33 if they have it i can't remember. Just scrape off once done and apply target shade.

Thanks beckstar I'm just worried about her root if its not blonde enough! Would you use 9% at the root with the 9 base then down to a 6% mid lengths and ends? Or do you think lots of foils using 7 and 9 and bleach highlight too as I know if I go too dark she won't like it so i think I'm going to keep some of the light blonde in

Cams97 could I also just add that straight into my tint of in doing foils?

Yeah if you drop down to an 8.

Anything darker then no.

Latest posts

Back