White patches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjacko77

Reaction score
After a client peeling off her gel polish a few months back she was left with a few white patches. I would of thought the white patches would of grown out but they seem very slow to be going anywhere! I do think they may be worse than they were originally. Will they eventually grow out??
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407591433.350679.jpg

They will grow out eventually, but your lady would be a prime candidate for IBX.

It would improve the appearance first-off and with regular treatments, strengthen that damaged portion as it becomes the free edge, making it much less likely to break.

It's amazing stuff!! xx

Her nails are dehydrated. She needs to use nail oil something like Solar Oil. All clients should be recommended to use an oil because that is part of the needs whilst having their nails done.
(Much like a lady having a colour on their hair, the hair needs conditioning too - nail are exactly the same).

My toenails look like this because I picked off my shellac. It is growing out though.

looks like dehydration, reccomend some
solar oil or something similar x

Hello
I've had this before on clients when I first started and thought at first it was dehydration. But in a nail group I follow there was a video about this and if being caused by being too rough when removing. I use an orange stuck and did used to scrape but now I hand learned to gently push away product (hardly using any pressure) and if it doesn't come off, not to scrape it but just soak it a little longer to soften it more first.
Hope this helps x

After a client peeling off her gel polish a few months back she was left with a few white patches. I would of thought the white patches would of grown out but they seem very slow to be going anywhere! I do think they may be worse than they were originally. Will they eventually grow out??
View attachment 72390

Given she's pulled the gels off then this is more likely to be damage from removing them this way and it pulling a thin top layer of nail off with it.

Solar oil and IBX will help but ultimately it is damage caused by improper removal x

Thanks ladies.
Sounds about right then as she picked them off & also used her teeth!!
Haven't tried IBX yet as hear mixed results from it and really not sure clients round here will want to pay extra for it.

Latest posts

Back