White spots on face after Spray Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funsusie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I spray tanned a lady Friday night with La Cocktail & had no problems.
I received a text last night to say when she washed it off Saturday morning, it looked great but at her party on the night she started to get wee white spots which gradually got bigger. On the Sunday morning they had turned into white smears.
Any idea what might have caused this as I've never had this happen before?
Cheers for advice.

Anybody got any ideas?

Hi,
I have NO idea!

the only time ive ever seem white spots or smears, is when the skin has gotten wet after applying tan?

did you ask her if she left it on for the required time before showering?

as for the spots turning into smears?? very suspicious of you ask me : )

Thanks for the reply.
The lady said she left it on for the required time, washed it off in the morning and it was fine. Said was only on the night after showering that her face started to get the wee white spots that got bigger?
Got me totally baffled as to why this happened as like you say have only ever come across someone getting white spots whilst during tan or if they get wet.

Sorry, I have no idea how this would happen either, can only think that she put something on her skin after the tan developed and it has started to take the tan off. No idea what though, possibly something really oily.
Or maybe she didn't wash the tan off her face properly and so as it came off during the evening the undeveloped patches started to show up.
I'm clutching at straws really.
Did you see the tan next day?

Sorry, I have no idea how this would happen either, can only think that she put something on her skin after the tan developed and it has started to take the tan off. No idea what though, possibly something really oily.
Or maybe she didn't wash the tan off her face properly and so as it came off during the evening the undeveloped patches started to show up.
I'm clutching at straws really.
Did you see the tan next day?

good question!
did you go look at these "white spots" ?

If she washed it off and it was fine then I can't see how it is a problem with the tan as any tan would not take in that area. It seems like she got these marks quite a few hours after washing the guide colour off. How is this possible? It is possible to develop areas that don't take but that tends to be when you are tanning, but with the system we have the clients do tend to still tan in that area!

Maybe she is after a freebie? Bit cheeky if she is.

Thanks peeps for all your replies.
I said I would happily respray her face but she said it had started to fade so wasn't really noticeable? Very strange!

Latest posts

Back