White spots on legs after waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gea9nine

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I would like some advice, I had a client in yesterday for a full leg wax, her hairs were very long (8wks) and her skin was dry, with quite a few ingrown hairs, I had a text from her this morn to say she had white sore spots on her lower leg, nothing on knees or upper leg, I told her to apply Savlon and take an anti- histamine, why do you reckon she came up with white spots?

They could be ingrown hairs. I get them as white spots on my bikini area sometimes and squeeze and squeeze until they go away cause I can't leave them alone lol. But tell her to try magnesium sulphate on them xx

Well my client went to the doctor after I told her to, it's folliculitis!! How on earth did she get it? I've waxed her loads of times. HELP!

Could it not maybe be caused by sweat or something while the follicles are stop open? I'm just new to beauty so I might be waaay off lol

Bacteria, fungus and yeast are generally the main causes of folliculitis, in this case it will most likely be due to bacteria.
We (all) carry tiny bacteria on our skin and they can easily enter the hair follicle after any sort of hair removal, irritation or sweating, which then causes the infection. The level of infection can vary from tiny spots to very large boils.

Obviously bacteria /fungus etc can also be transmitted through other ways such as on towels, hence the need to keep a scrupulously clean workspace.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back