white tips and dried flowers??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcat85

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to doing enhancements and have been learning gel and liquid & powder

My question is, i want to use the dried flowers with p&w french look but the only way i have seen them is done with white tips and clear powder or gel, i havent used white tips and wondered if i could do my normal pink and white on a natural / clear tip and then put the flower on after and seal with a top coat or thin layer of clear powder / gel??

hope that makes sense! your help would be appreciated!

just bumping this up for you as i'd be quite interested to know too x

The reason why most techs encased dried flowers in clear product is because of the effect this produces, Yes pink would work but you wouldn't get the clarity of the flowers showing through. So yes a clear tip and clear l&p or gel work the best for this and forget the white tips lol:)

The reason why most techs encased dried flowers in clear product is because of the effect this produces, Yes pink would work but you wouldn't get the clarity of the flowers showing through. So yes a clear tip and clear l&p or gel work the best for this and forget the white tips lol:)

But what if you wanted the white tips too?

I have a couple of clients at the moment who are wanting various thing encased in L&P whilst still have the p&w. So I have been reballancing with a very, very thin layer of p&w, then adding the flower or whatever, topped with clear.

It's quite time consuming so is there an easier way of doing it?

You could use white-tips and clear if you wished too Its just that I personally hate white tips with a passion :lol:

You could use white-tips and clear if you wished too Its just that I personally hate white tips with a passion :lol:

So if I didn't want to use white tips (which I don't actually have any of!!) then am I doing it the right way or is there an easier way?

So if I didn't want to use white tips (which I don't actually have any of!!) then am I doing it the right way or is there an easier way?

On p&w it is easier to add the flower last and cover with a thin coat of clear :) Oh just read that this is what your doing lol

a good way is to dab a small amount of nail glue where you want the flower to be and press down, then coat with varnish or gel.

i used to do these all the time when they first came out and found gel gave a better finish.

TIP: If there are any little bits attached to the flower just snip them off with nail scissors. This way the flower lays flusher on the nail and doesn't make your gel/varnish look lumpy/uneven.

Thanks for all your help, Im gonna give it a go! x

I apply p and w as normal, then file an indentation where i want the flower to go, apply the flower with glue, then cover with a small bead of clear.

You can put the flower either on the pink, the white or overlapping the two. hth xxxx

I apply the white l&p thin, then apply the pink to zone 2+3 being careful not to drag the pink over the white, then apply dried flower with a small dab of clear l&p, then coat the whole nail in clear l&p to encase the flower/build up the tip and stress area. easy peezy!

Latest posts

Back