Who Inspires YOU?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairClubLive

Reaction score
Great hair stylists need to further their personal development and one of the greatest ways to do this is by looking to others for new and inspiring ideas.

So, HCL would love to know on which current hairstylists really inspires you and why - and just to get the ball rolling we say Patrick Cameron, because their really is no one who does long hair styling any better!!:lol:

HCL x

Great hair stylists need to further their personal development and one of the greatest ways to do this is by looking to others for new and inspiring ideas.

So, HCL would love to know on which current hairstylists really inspires you and why - and just to get the ball rolling we say Patrick Cameron, because their really is no one who does long hair styling any better!!:lol:

HCL x

I will say Beverly Cobella as I love watching her razor cutting :D and Andrew Barton for Colouring :) minky

Ohh you did specify modern day inspiration but have to say Ivan of Holllywood about in the 1940's and who was the master when it came to what we would now know as Retro styling .This look is still going strong and very much in the mainstream now so i still think it applies!

:rolleyes:

Anyone else loving him , he's where a certain book about 1940's hair got all it's info .His book Creative hairshaping and styling 1947 ROCKS!!!

Last edited:
I have always been a fan of Trevor Sorbie. I like the fact that Lee Stafford brings a 'rock star' element to hairdressing.:green:

Lee Stafford got slow hand clapped at a salon owners seminar I went to once.He deserved it too. Crap haircut.
I like Nicky Clarke for making a look (flicky) his own.
Richard and Helen Ward are inspirational Salon owners.
My mentors have been people I have worked with and for over the years.

lisa sheppard is amazing at colour!

Lee Stafford got slow hand clapped at a salon owners seminar I went to once.He deserved it too. Crap haircut.
I like Nicky Clarke for making a look (flicky) his own.
Richard and Helen Ward are inspirational Salon owners.
My mentors have been people I have worked with and for over the years.

Oh I agree about Lee Stafford, I don't actually rate his hairdressing, I just quite like his swagger lol. I was on a course years and years ago with Lee, before he was famous and he had followers then!

When I was working for a big company years ago, Nicky Clarke was 'our' named hairdresser. After watching him demonstrate I just wasn't impressed, very lazy.

I agree that my best mentors have been people I have worked with over the years, straing right back to the girl who trained me. :)

I will say Beverly Cobella as I love watching her razor cutting :D and Andrew Barton for Colouring :) minky

i will say beverly cobella too, the hairdressing idols of late do seem to be men...she is holding up the flag for truly talented female hairdressers....i love watching her razor cutting...

We had the pleasure to stage Lee Stafford in a show ,and yes, whilst not technically in the same league as Stacey Broughton, Akin Konizi or Tim Hartley, Lee can still pack in a crowd - something down to being a celebrity hairdresser??

HCL x

Peter Gray & Sam McKnight! I am not a hair messer however our CND Nail Team have worked alongside them both at FW and they are both brilliant in different ways!

And not forgetting Andrew Collinge famous for that highlighted rocket cut ,
and not forgetting his Dad Peter :hug: they were both very good Hairdressers and Andrew is really nice fella too
and Herbert of Liverpool was great at his on stage events even if his cuts were a bit basic at the time lol :lol:

I think there are also a lot of fabulous hairdressers out there that are very inspirational but do go unrecognized ,
I think its a little easier for men to get a bit more recognition than women because men can stay on the hairdressing scene and be present for travel and competitions etc for most of the time , because they don't have to take maternity leave or worry about who's looking after the babies that may come along , and I dont mean that in a sexist way at all , its just a fact ,

I agree Lee Stafford is a yummmmmy Fella :lol: I would lend him my best Joewell Curved ones if he flashed me one of those irresistible Cheshire cat :D smiles

I also notice that the most inspirational Colour competition winners all seem to use the same brand of product , which is Loreal products ,
do you think this this because Loreal run the most or biggest competitions ? :) minky

Yes Minky, it's called the L'oreal colour trophy!
They stipulate that all colours used must be L'oreal. Nothing else is allowed.

Yes Minky, it's called the L'oreal colour trophy!
They stipulate that all colours used must be L'oreal. Nothing else is allowed.

I see , I use Wella which I love , but I also loved using Loreal when I was at the Andrew Collinge Academy :hug:

Latest posts

Back