Who Is Your,or Would Be Your Mentor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have a mentor, wish I did. I do have my teacher Linn though who I miss loads now I'm in the UK and I'm so looking forward to a couple weeks classroom time over there with her.

Inspiration, well, I love the pic on Geeg's MasterClass book, I am in awe of that all the time and find it never endingly fascinating. I love reading Sam's tutorials with the pictures, I want to be that good and one day, even if I am already 38 and still training, I bloody well will be and if I'm not it wont be for the lack of trying!

for me there are several:

1: Amanda Fontanarrosa - i would of given up along time ago if it was not for her patience and continual support and her fantastic way of explaining things so i can understand even the chemistry of products!! she got me to my Grand master status which i thought was impossible, but i did it even with my never happy with what i do attitude!

2: I dont know them personally but a) Samuel sweet - always fantastic advise when i speak to him at the shows, (he also told me about this sight), b) Samantha sweet - many threads and posts of invaluable advise,
c) gigi - for nail class and a kick up the bum with my confidence issue!

3: Ros and Cathy at Cuticles head office - they believed in me, supported and still do support me in this mad world of nails.

4: Fellow geeks - what can i say i learn something new every day, and we always support each and every one of us no matter what day we have had!

5: Marian Newman - for her many words of wisdom and for her fantastic book.

6: my mum for being my model and seeing me throught many tantrums and brush throwing events!!!

great thread xx

Gigi Rouse > a lady's who's passion shows no boundaries.

To have faith, belief and trust in someone you have never met,amazes me.

To give encouragement and see potential and most of all to actually care that is what a mentor means to me,for that,thankyou Gigi and Christine xxx

And thankyou to all who have helped me and continue to do so,you're the best :hug:

Adding on to what I previously posted.......

Geeg....When things are all colourful in my head, Gigi puts it into black and white. I have never not taken her guidance within my career and it's paid off with the most fantastic results that i never thought I was capable of.

Marian....If you know Marian, then you'll know why they call her Mum. She has and still does gives me everything that I need to push me and overstep 'the boundaries'. Her knowledge,skill and working etiquette has taken me to an even greater level within my career. "Get in, do it, get out"....eh Mum!

Ketan Patel.....He has taught me how to retail like a firecracker on the 4th July........lol.

Samantha Sweet....guided me through my first fashion runway shows.

David.

Samuel....the ONE and ONLY human being that I can honestly say I have 'looked up to' in this industry! There are many who have Helped, Encouraged, Motivated and Advised at various times and I sincerely thank them (especially Lorraine MacDougall)...but the only one I never wanted to 'let down' was Sam!
His 'boot camp' was life-changing and his wit, incorrigible and unforgettable. I would never have reached where I am today without him sharing his knowledge and advice so freely.
I thank him for believing in me and inspiring me to reach beyond where I thought I should be!

Latest posts

Back