Who knows their mattresses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a foam mattress and a spring mattress. Help?

I have a pocket sprung. It's comfy but supportive.

Go and lay on a few in the shop! What suits someone.won't suit another.

It is true that it's very much personal choice. When I looked I found memory foam was too hot for me and I also move around a lot so i chose a latex pocket sprung sealy bed. The softer the better lol.
We were going to get a second hand frame but when you buy the mattress at the big shops the frames turned out cheaper than second hand in the end.

We have a 'normal' mattress in the main bedroom and a memory foam in the second bedroom.
If my hubby is snoring like a train then I sleep in the other room and it's so hot! I always wake up sweating, I hate it!
I also feel a bit trapped on it.
I wish I hadn't bought it (or my husband didn't make me want to put a pillow over his face)

I have a memory foam mattress as the spring ones make my back really bad (I have a curve in the bottom of my spine) memory foam is amazing just don't try and jump face forward when you first get (as hubby did) as it is quite solid to begin with

I have a spring mattress with a 5inch memory foam topper.
It. Is. AMAZINGGGGG.
£100 Amazon!

Ours is memory foam. I cost us nearly £600. Best money we ever spent. X

Is it true they help with posture?

Save up for a Tempur Cloud. You'll have the best sleep ever

I actually don't own a bed at all. XD

:cool: Camp out on the floor next to the hobo do u?:D

I actually don't own a bed at all. XD
Probably going to regret this question....what are you sleeping on then?....or.does the bed belong to the house you you share?

Probably going to regret this question....what are you sleeping on then?....or.does the bed belong to the house you you share?
My current house is prefurnished.

just got a new bed..memory foam. I was expecting 4 weeks of hell as I got used to it but it's been fine. Feels hard when you first get in it but comfy overnight. Not too hot and I sleep quite well.

Definitely go lay on a few, I hate memory foam mattresses, tried one in the shop and I felt like I was laying on sand lol, waiting impatiently for the dents to move when I did lol

I am to jump on mattresses in ikea Mondat week.

Lol have fun....may sound totally bazaar, but take someone with you heavier than you. Or "borrow" a staff member to just lay in tne mistress next to you.

One day you maybe sharing your mattress and tne last thing you want is to roll their direction because of a dip they cause, and you not laying flat....I've had that struggle and it's not great on your back laying all twisted up

My mum is coming.

Latest posts

Back