Who "owns" the clientelle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonderella

Reaction score
Hello I would like your views on this question, especially as an employer, but also employees.

I brought a substantial clientelle to my previous salon. was there 6 years.
left recently to be self employed else where. Employer said he would honour my clientelle I brought with me and pass on my home number.I have the integrity to not "steal" client list off the salon computer,of all my clientelle. The mistake I had made was not keeping a list of clients new and old, as the trust was there for both me and my employer.
Anyway he has not honoured his promise and I wondered if i have a right to take him to a professional body like ACAS or other body? like when Employers try to make rules for employees leaving and where they work or what clients they take or dont.
Hope this makes sense as I hear he has told every one I "Just left" and doesnt know where I have gone.He is out and out lying,
do i have a case?
Thanks in advance:confused:

he doesnt need to do anything to be honest. If they are your clients that you brought with you to his salon then YOU should have their numbers surely?

It is YOUR responsibility to maintain your clientele, nobody elses.

Sorry that is not what you want to hear, but that is the legal position. He really doesnt "have" to do anything here legally.

Yep Kind of thought that, thanks for replying
I know how stupid and not forward thinking of me it was.
I wasnt expecting to leave but had no alternative as
The salon had gone from a very well run established friendly
working day to churning out groupon deal and had become a factory.
the last deal we did got 750 clients which is all good for my employer but
not for me as a worker.
It was the third in a year and just got too much.
I was really sad to leave but had to for my own health:confused:

Have you a local paper which you can advertise in?
If so get them to do a feature on you, with your picture (obviously!) letting clients old and new know where you now are.

:biggrin: Thanks will give that a go

I have been proactive and have advertised as well as I can without
spending loads.getting to use salon A board with big pictures of me
so that helps. Also have postcards printed with my pic, discount, where I worked and where I am.doing a leaflet drop this week on my days off.

Any suggestions are greatly recieved tho:biggrin:

Also dont forget to use the power of social networking sites! Making a facebook group telling everyone your services, pricing and having a little portfolio album is a free way of getting loads of publicity. Course it does vary as to what age group your clients are as younger ones are more likely to have fb and therefore pick up on it. Definitely worth a go though.

Latest posts

Back