Who uses OPI Axxium gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail-chick

Reaction score
I have a customer who was having a problem with her acrylic and asked me if i would get gels . I haven't done them in about 15 years and decided to stop doing them because I didn't want to be bothered.

I did a set on her yesterday. My, how things have changed! I think I like them now!

Question for ANY gel users, is it difficult to master sculpted and sculpted pink and whites? Years ago it was like trying to chase jello across a hot plate. It seemed impossible to do. I think I may be able to do it now.

Thanks,

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

once you find a gel you are comfortable with than sculpting is quite easy..just takes some getting used to..brush control etc..i love the axxium line..in the trial kit there should be a dvd which walks you thru every step of sculpting overlays and everything in between...have you watched the dvd?

Question for ANY gel users, is it difficult to master sculpted and sculpted pink and whites?
It's totally different to L+P application, the brush angle is completely different and therefore when techs start to learn gel after using L+P they can feel a little cack handed and that it will be hard, but after taking a class to learn about the product, the chemistry of it and little tricks during application it should be a case of practising making perfect.

I use Creative's Brisa gel and love it :green:

hth's a bit

I use Axxium...

am doing a 121 training with our OPI gel master this week...
I like it more and more everytime I use it, but at first, being a l&p tech, I just couldn't work with it, and plus I had been trained in gels but with Microbond's tubes... so well.

it is a nice set of gels, in the kit you have all the basics, and since some color gels will be launched soon ;) it's a nice thing, really.

as for the time needed to master a pink and white... as we were saying yesterday... if you can work with gel and l+p, you have to decide which one to use for what, and stick to it, so that you're the best at it, like, if you master your pink and whites in l+p, why lose time to master it with gels, keep gels for something different, overlays, some nail art, etc ;)

Latest posts

Back