Why didn’t it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_lee110788

Reaction score
I have a client that is level 4 at the root but wanted to be a 6. I did 6.0 with 30 vol and it didn't lift at all. Could some one please tell me why? I have had a big break from hairdressing so my colour knowledge is poor (I am looking into refresher courses)

Which brand of colour did you use and did you use the matching developer or a generic brand?

I have a client that is level 4 at the root but wanted to be a 6. I did 6.0 with 30 vol and it didn't lift at all. Could some one please tell me why? I have had a big break from hairdressing so my colour knowledge is poor (I am looking into refresher courses)
The level 4 root was natural wasn't it?

I used mood colour with the matching developer. And yes it was natural. She is a regular client so I know there was no colour on it. She is an Asian client and thinking back she is really dark, her base might of been more a level 3

If you think back to your training and the 3 basic hair types, Asian hair has more tightly packed cuticle layers than Caucasian hair and so the recommended 2-3 levels of lift with 30vol doesn’t generally apply unless the hair is already quite damaged from chemical or heat treatments.
When going lighter on this hair type, I’d always recommmend bleach then tone.

Latest posts

Back