Why do my french tips acrylics go yellow?x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ez84

Reaction score
I was wondering why my white acrylic turns a strange tinge of yellow after a handfull of days?

I bought it from sallys, it is called salonsystem. Ultra white acrylic.

Im just wondering what I'm doing wrong! Im preferring doing the natural nails, and especially the glitter tips instead of this now...but I know that eventually I need to figure out what Im doing wrong. I have just done some with the white tips, with pink acrylic on the rest of the nails...is this ok to do? Im doing the essential nails acrylic course...but there are bits that I feel are very outdated. They say that there are only 2 colours of acrylic powder....apparently clear does no exist, and only show you how to use the pink acrylic. Does not train you to use the french tips etc.x

Is that the only liquid and pierder system you have tried, if so perhaps try another.
Don't just rely on the course to give you information (i know they should) I'm doing a home study course and to be honest I have got most my material from books and it all eventually blends into one soo get yourself to the library or bookstores, you can never have to many books lol.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

So far I have only used the products they supplied. The acrylic powder is a different brand from the other things I use, and so is the primer. Maybe this is the problem? Maybe 'dream' acrylic liquid reacts with the salonsystem powder?

To be truthful, I have found all of my ideas from you tube! I have been on here for 1 day...and I cannot explain to you how much I have learnt!!! It's amazing!x

It's best to use all products from the same system hun never mix and match.

This is a great little site there is so much help going around. I'm on it near all the time think I'm slightly addicted lol. Oh an The Complete Nail Technician is a great book to get you going x

To all who have posted so far. It sounds to me that you are the very beginning of nail careers here. Most products available in Sally's are easily obtained by the general public. This means you are not going to get the 'best' systems in stores like these.

You are getting yellowing for a number of reasons but the main would be due to the fact that the liquid you are using is traditional monomer with no unqiue chemistry behind it.

If you search you will find the true professional products available and what they can do for you and your clients but... expect to be educated in these systems. I represent CND in the UK and we do not sell our professional Liquid & Powder systems without education. There are huge amounts of searches you can do but whether you are doing the best nails in the world - the system you are using will let you down simply because it is really old technology.

YouTube has some amazing videos but nothing beats 121 tuition with true experienced nail ambassadors who can physically show and help you with your knowledge and techniques! HTH's :)

I am at the beginning and once I have completed my home course and my son is in full time school I will be able to get my CND training which I am excited about even though it will take a while to get there.:)

If your still learning why don't you give EN a call and speak to someone regarding your problem.

There are many reason why they could be going yellow, but mixing different brands will not help. You should complete your course as it seems your try to run before you can walk, you haven't got your basics right yet. After you completed then maybe choose another brand which is better quality.

Yellowing could be a number of things, cheap products, contaminated powder, liquid or your brush, too much primer, also could be your topcoat turning yellow and not the acrylic the list goes on..but if your mixing products you will never narrow it down to what is causing it. xx

Hi, yes, I am also training. I am only practising on my friends though, so this is the best way to learn. There is only so much you can learn on the nail trainer, and Im finding the course very limited to be honest. I feel frustrated with it. I have figured out alot more from doing my friends nails. This is just another learning curve.

I haven't been impressed with Salleys product to be honest. I like some products from Ashton and Fincher...but they are just not meeting up to expectations. I didn't realise that they were old products. I did have a suspicion that they supply low end market products, which you have confirmed. I am learning an incredible amount from this site, and have only been here for a day and a morning!!

I didn't realise I would need to do another course after completing the essential nails one!! I am not impressed, as their costs are so high, and it doesn't even teach you all you need to know!! Pretty miffed.

I will post up another thread about the CND course, and the path that you guys would suggest I do. Thankyou for your honest responses.x

Latest posts

Back