Wide and long nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
Im feeling a bit disheartened, I have just taken 2 hours to do a set of nails. Client had large nailbeds, and my NSI no.1's wouldnt fit snugly to each side of thumbs, so I had to use an emergency extra large. Anyway, the client wanted her nails really long, and requested them THICK. I tried to disuade, but to no avail.
I just couldnt seem to heap enough into my beads to cover any zone in one fell swoop, then I tried to strech it from side to side but had to layer it up so she got the thickness she required. I feel the side 'melt into the nail' was lost as she wanted them so thick, and despite huge beads on the free edge, I seemed to be at it forever and it didnt look as thick as she wanted.
Will I get quicker at wide long nails? whats the best way of dealing with them.

when you say 'thick' do you mean she wanted loads of product (like nss nails)?

If so i think you needed to remind yourself that you are the professional and have received all the necessary training not her. you shouldn't let her dictate to you how you apply the product!

I've had clients that are used to nss nails question whether their nails will be strong enough because I've only applied a thin layer of l&p.

also i don't think 2 hours is too long when you are working with a shape and size that you're not used to...don't be so hard on yourself x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

You are dead right. I should have stuck to my guns and not been persuaded into doing bulky nails just because this is what she is used to. Her friend even commented and asked her why she wanted them so bulky, and she said this is what she likes as this is what she is used to.
I explained that I use top quality products and there is no need to build them up sooooo thick but she said this was a personal preference.
Good point, I will not be persuaded into this again. It took me ages, and I hated having to go over a perfectly balanced nail with yet more acrylic!

You should have taken a picture :)

I have, but I cant upload any on here :( she is pleased with them, although I am having nightmares already about infilling them.

Latest posts

Back