Will I be seen as less of a professional?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salpep i never thought of it like that!thank you!!x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Hi. I am doing a home course too and I had problems with the blending and the not getting air pockets, now that was a nightmare, my nail trainer landed in the kitchen I think lol, but I did persevere and I got there as I did with the blending, the nail blender helps me as there is not so much dust for me to breath in which I do have to be careful with as I have a lung disease, when my husband and I get our back bedroom back he is going to get me a salon table with the extractor fan so if anybody has any views on that that would be welcome.

Keep at it Hun you will get there I promise, you can pick up a trainer on eBay pretty cheap it's worth it as it gives you loads more practice than having to have to find people to guinea pig on, and u can blend to your hearts content Hun. And to answer your question no u r not lazy at all sweet.
Happy training
Tracey xx. :)

In my experience when I am at my most frustrated about something is usually the point right before I make a significant breakthrough to succeeding with the task at hand. Have a rest to gather your thoughts then go back to it later on. You're not less professional for using well less tips, I use the Pro Impressions tips you mentioned and they are fantastic, however, they are not suited to some clients and blending is an essential skill to learn so keep at it and you will get there. It used to take me 4.5 hours to do a full set when I started out and even when I got my first job in a nail bar it was still taking me 2.5 hours but with some help from my boss I got my time down to 45 minutes in a few months which I never thought would happen and it goes to show that practical experience is what gets you there the fastest - don't give up! As for your blending, this is going to be hard to explain but i'll try...
1. hold your file flat above the nail
2. then turn it on the diagonal (so if you're left handed turn it left, right handed turn it right)
3. begin to blend the tip flush to the nail plate, you need to use most of the length of the nail file sweeping it diagonally across the tip (imagine the same action you would use throwing a frisbee)
4. sweep the file diagonally across the nail tip, lift the file of the tip and repeat - try not to buff back and forth as this will create heat and can cause discomfort for the client
5. do this action from left to right if you're right handed or right to left if you're left handed
6. to test if the tip is blended in for sure - wipe over the nail and tip with a dehydrator if the line disappears then you won't see it when the l & p / gel goes on - if you can see it then keep blending. good luck

In my experience when I am at my most frustrated about something is usually the point right before I make a significant breakthrough to succeeding with the task at hand. Have a rest to gather your thoughts then go back to it later on. You're not less professional for using well less tips, I use the Pro Impressions tips you mentioned and they are fantastic, however, they are not suited to some clients and blending is an essential skill to learn so keep at it and you will get there. It used to take me 4.5 hours to do a full set when I started out and even when I got my first job in a nail bar it was still taking me 2.5 hours but with some help from my boss I got my time down to 45 minutes in a few months which I never thought would happen and it goes to show that practical experience is what gets you there the fastest - don't give up! As for your blending, this is going to be hard to explain but i'll try...
1. hold your file flat above the nail
2. then turn it on the diagonal (so if you're left handed turn it left, right handed turn it right)
3. begin to blend the tip flush to the nail plate, you need to use most of the length of the nail file sweeping it diagonally across the tip (imagine the same action you would use throwing a frisbee)
4. sweep the file diagonally across the nail tip, lift the file of the tip and repeat - try not to buff back and forth as this will create heat and can cause discomfort for the client
5. do this action from left to right if you're right handed or right to left if you're left handed
6. to test if the tip is blended in for sure - wipe over the nail and tip with a dehydrator if the line disappears then you won't see it when the l & p / gel goes on - if you can see it then keep blending. good luck

Wow, thats a really good explanation.

I tried those eBay ones when I started training, took forever to blend :(. I now use CND tips (can't remember the name right now) and they blend like butter :D xx

The name of the fastest blended tips in the universe :D is Velocity by CND.

There Is nothing unprofessional about using well-less tips and if less nail damage is caused because people use them then that is great for all of us
BUT you should know how to blend a tip successfully and without causing damage. There is no such word as CAN'T ... Go and get the hands on instruction you need from someone who can show you how.

Success blending tips is all about the grip on your file, the pressure you use, the control you must master and using a darned good quality tip like the Velocity tip.

Forgot to mention - use 100/180 grit zebra file, the smoother the file the longer it will take to blend.

Latest posts

Back