Work from home or shop?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell245

Reaction score
Hi
What do you think is best I have been working from home but have not had many customers. The only marketing I have is a website. I have seen a shop front which I am interested in and obviously has monthly rent to pay. Do you feel that a shop front would provide more customers ?? x

it may do yes, because you can put up things in the shop window and maybe a board outside and get walks in as they pass by and things. I started renting a room in a salon 3 weeks ago, where I work only on a saturday and can safely say I've had more customers, the first week was very successful being nearly fully booked and then taking loads of walk ins so my day was completely busy, no breaks, then the second week again mostly fully booked with a couple of spare appointments taken up on the day and again hardly any breaks, then last weekend I was completely booked up, i couldnt take any walk ins at all. so already I'm looking at doing a friday there aswell now as there is such a high demand for nails and that people are rebooking constantly. so it will probably open your business up to new clients you wouldn't have imagined you'd get. what is the shop near aswell?that may make a difference too.

I think maybe you should do some more work from home or save some extra $$ just incase as sometimes you do find a nice room and will end up having to pay more rent and less profit. Depends on your location, the cost of rent, the type of clients you have and what services your provide!
Also it's important to have a loyal clientele incase you don't get busier or any walk ins.
Think about it, plan it out bt never rush!

Latest posts

Back