Work in a salon or mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tattooed beautician

Reaction score
Hi

Should I work in a salon or go mobile?

A bit of background information I'm a beauty therapist and nail technician qualified for 12 years.

I have been doing a bit of mobile beauty and nail work for the last 3 years alongside studying a degree. Before that I was working full time in beauty salons.

I am taking a year out of my studies so need a full time job over the next year. And wanted to ask peoples opinions of if I should go back in to a salon (working for someone else) or do mobile beauty?

My problem is that when I started my degree I sold my car, and rely on public transportation for the few clients I have (I don't have a large client base as I mainly do it out of loyalty and a bit of extra cash alongside my degree) so going mobile would mean a big outset as I would need to buy a car, but then I haven't had the best experience in salons.

So in your opinion is it better to pay for the car ect and build up my own business or just work in a salon? With this also only been for a year I am worrying the outset of building my own business may not be worth the effort when it's not long term, but also worrying about going back into a salon after a long absence.

Any help appreciated.

Latest posts

Back