Working as a nail tech in Canada?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenmcq4

Reaction score
Hi! Does anybody know the license requirements to work as a nail tech in Canada (Montreal) - if any??

I am due to do Shellac training and a conversion course with Brisa Gel in the next couple of weeks (can't wait!) and am currently doing a mani and pedi course with Essential Nails - will this be enough to work as a nail tech over there? I intend on working from home but if the opportunity arose I'd work in a salon too. Just unsure of their requirements and have read that in some Canadian States we need a license to work.

Thanks in advance:biggrin:

Hiya,

I did a search and found this thread. I'm also looking to emigrate and wondered how you got on?

Each province has different guidelines. Here in New Brunswick the rules are very stringent, both to get your diploma and to get licensed, and licenses must be renewed every year.

In New Brunswick, we are ruled by the Cosmetology Association, so maybe Quebec has a similar one, though I thought someone told me that in Quebec there is no licensing. I could be 100% wrong on that.

Ontario and Quebec don't have any licencing.. as most of the canadian provinces (unfortunatly)

Latest posts

Back