Working From Home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronni

Reaction score
Hello
I want to start working from home (at the mo i am working mobile and rent a room). I live in a grade 2 listed property - will this stop me from doing this?
Also do you guys think that I will need a reception area - because this will mean that I will need to remove part of an internal wall?
And does anyone have to come and inspect my room - if so who?
Please help
Thankyou for reading this and I hope it makes sense.
B

hi there bronnie, well, i am not sure about your home being a listed building, maybe the rules are different, maybe check with your council. However, i would not think it would make any difference, as you do not need to knock down your wall:hug: I work two businesses, from home and i use my hallway, as the (other business takes up the spare room haha,) the hallways is big and square, so i can fit a table and a couple of chairs etc, and have storage for products and will get an extractor fan, i use the front door at the moment as an extractor fan:rolleyes: as long as you follow the health and saftly regs you should be fine, hope i was some help

sandy x

Hi Bronni
My husband is a carpenter and has had loads of experience with listed buildings. He says that before you do ANYTHING even internal renovations you must contact your local council. They will give you an idea of what you can and can't do and also give you details for the conservation society and or english heretidge if they need to inspect.

HTH

Latest posts

Back