Working in different cities with different prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lashflicks

Reaction score
Hello! Old member but new account, glad to see you all :hug:

I currently rent a space in a salon and next month I will start working in the town that i live in (super happy) two days a week. It's about 25min car ride and 10-15min with trains between the towns. I'm self employed

I will only do lashes and offer regular and volume. I have found one that does lashes in the same town and she has only done it for a few months (this is my third year) and her prices are higher than mine :confused: (she doesn't offer volume, just regular singles)

I already had a slight price increase in february/march but I do feel that i'm quite cheap if i compare with others. Do you think it would be stupid to raise my prices in the new salon and not in the old the first months? Or is it stupid to raise prices in cold and dark autumn at all?

The price raise would be
30min 15 to 25
small refill 33 to 35
large refill 40 to 45
new set 75 to 80/85

The first month will be 10 of whole month so probably won't be any complaints there

My prices are in swedish of course but this is ca price in punds.

I work for a hair salon that had 1 salon in a city and another in a market town. Both salons were branded under 1 name and had similar decor but because they were in different areas the prices were different. The city salon was close to the centre and all the shops so their prices were higher whilst the salon in the market town had been there donkeys years and had a much older clientele. They tended to do the oap discount days and were cheaper than the city salon.

I work for a hair salon that had 1 salon in a city and another in a market town. Both salons were branded under 1 name and had similar decor but because they were in different areas the prices were different. The city salon was close to the centre and all the shops so their prices were higher whilst the salon in the market town had been there donkeys years and had a much older clientele. They tended to do the oap discount days and were cheaper than the city salon.

Makes sense although I might do a slight difference in brand - I know a salon who does this but the cheaper salon has a tagline as it appeals to a more cheaper market. Depends how far away they are these where about 10mins away from each other.

Same brand just slightly different concept.

It is in a slightly bigger town yes but in I will put my prices up in the old salon as well.

So either I start with higher pricelist in new salon and change in the old salon 1st dec/jan.
Or I wait till 1st dec/jan and increase in both salon at the same time.
Or I wait and see if i'm busy in both salon and then up my prices

Going to give it to tomorrow to think about it and then I need to order my pricelists

I love being self employed except when I need to set prices :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back