Working when ill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Today I have started with the sneezes which has progressed and now i am so bunged up I can barely talk.

I have a full appointment diary tomorrow at the salon. I have someone who works with my part time but she is not working tomorrow and cannot cover me.

I think if i dosed up on sudafed etc I could get through the day but I am worried about the kind of image this would project. All tomorrow's clients are new as I only opened my salon in November.

Would it look worse me cancelling them due to my illness or doing the appointments and putting their health at risk. I so don't know what to do :(

If it wasn't so close to Christmas it would be a no brainer but people are relying on me and I hate letting anyone down :( x

Advise please? xxxx

Hello lovely!!
I know how you feel myself an one member of staff has the same symptoms as you and we r struggling. This time if year is crucial so Aslong as your not throwing up just dose up and crack on it will be worth it in the end!!! 2 more days !!!:) xx

Aww Thanks Lucy,

Are you clients not worried about catching anything? Have any of them said anything? One of my clients this morning was etching further and further away from me every time I sneezed. I felt so embarrassed x

Hi Hun.
ive worked with lots of colds,coughs etc over the years.
im still bunged up after 3 weeks but to be honest as long as you wash your hands alot and face away when coughing sneezing clients are just pleased to get their treatments done.id always offer them the option to rebook if they don't feel happy with me doing their treatment but so far none have ever accepted the offer and have been happy to stay.
not long left and you can have a few days off to try and shake it off xx

I tell my clients when they are I'll not to come in for treatments, I wouldn't go in if I had something that I could pass on. Here in Oz we have a add on tv of what actually happens when someone sneezes it isn't pretty. All the particles that come out your nose fly everywhere it's the easist way to infect someone. If you can dose up and not sneeze then that's different but if your coughing and sneezing then no I wouldn't work. That person you infect may go home to a small bub or elderly person or someone with lower immune system which then could be fatal.

I've had a cold and always blowing my nose but just keep a bottle of hand sanitizer (cool blue) on my nail station to use every time I blow my nose:)

Just try get through the day I know it's hard, I've had extreme tooth ache in my front tooth and am waiting root canal treatment probably on sunday (my day off) and I'm just grinning and bearing it cos I'm chocka till Xmas & really dont wanna let all my wonderful clients down :0(

I always have a cold! Weak immune system - they give them to me!
I say I have a cold when they walk in and they never care, the usual response is 'well I ain't gonna snog ya!' Hehe x

I also have a hand sanitizer which I use after blowing my nose and mist clients ünderstand and want there treatments I know it's horrid for us as we feel rubbish!! To be honest though the only reason I am poorly is because so many clients have come in with colds and illnesses that they have given it to me Nd they don't seem to care LOL !!! Hope u get better xxx

Thank you so much guys x

I am off to bed now and will slap on the make up in the morning and make the best of tomorrow. I will give clients the chance to re book if they are concerned :) x

Thanks again x

Hope you feel better and merry Christmas :)

Just go for it ,take all available remedys ,keep everything supper clean and germ free ,if sneezing is a problem you could wear a surgical mask :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

If I have the snuffles I tend to wear a surgical mask and make sure I sanitise my hands frequently :)

I also work in nursing, so am used to wear a surgical mask anyway and feel they are more hygienic when working in close proximity to my clients

Just go for it ,take all available remedys ,keep everything supper clean and germ free ,if sneezing is a problem you could wear a surgical mask :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

The mask idea had crossed my mind too, might see if I can pick one up before I open x Thank you x

I feel for you as I have woken up with a really bad cold but will be working with a surgical mask to protect my clients and also loads of tissue stuffed up my nose as the client won't see, just so I can get through today. I always end up with colds at Xmas as I work myself into the ground for my clients, just trying to not pass it in to my boyfriend at the moment.

Kirsty

ive been ill all week and got worse as the week went on!!blowing my nose constantly i just kept sanitising my hands and got treatments done quick as!!clients were fine with it xx

try some sudafed, helps dry it up, only got some yday and its working already!

I use the hand sanitizer I especially made sure it was an anti VIRAL as well as anti BACTERIAL as colds and flu germs won't be touched by anti bacterial ;)

I also make sure I wear a mask for the whole treatment

Latest posts

Back