Working with Crystals/Using them..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
Does anyone possess any Selenite?

I bought Rose Quartz, Celestite and Selenite today because I like them, however, have had a nose around and it says you should not buy Selenite or possess it because of how strong a crystal it is :eek:

I know Sandi is knowledgeable about Crystals :hug:

Cor blimey, what does it do then? I'd take it back to the shop where you got it from and ask them if they know anything about crystals, and if so ask why they are selling it!

I've never heard anything about it being a bad thing to possess selenite. Maybe Sandi will be able to enlighten us though....

I only know selenite for its uses to channel spiritual thought and feeling, and for cleansing quartz crystals. I've recently seen it shaped into beautiful wands (even better for channelling)....

Sorry I couldn't have been more help regards whether or not you should buy/possess selenite :green:

I've never heard anything about it being a bad thing to possess selenite. Maybe Sandi will be able to enlighten us though....

I only know selenite for its uses to channel spiritual thought and feeling, and for cleansing quartz crystals. I've recently seen it shaped into beautiful wands (even better for channelling)....

Sorry I couldn't have been more help regards whether or not you should buy/possess selenite :green:

I read this on a Shamanic site... you've got be grounded or the affects can be negative...

What I guess I am worried about... to be perfectly honest.. is ... hearing voices and spirits etc :o.... honestly... it would freak me out!!!

Even the Rose Quartz can supposedly make you recall trauma from the past... I am seriously debating whether to give them away... meanwhile, Dave wants to put them in the Fish tank :eek:

... I have got a very large Selenite natural shaped crystal.. and I bought it from the Raniforest shop in Chester...

I read this on a Shamanic site... you've got be grounded or the affects can be negative...

What I guess I am worried about... to be perfectly honest.. is ... hearing voices and spirits etc :o.... honestly... it would freak me out!!!

Even the Rose Quartz can supposedly make you recall trauma from the past... I am seriously debating whether to give them away... meanwhile, Dave wants to put them in the Fish tank :eek:

... I have got a very large Selenite natural shaped crystal.. and I bought it from the Raniforest shop in Chester...

I've possessed selenite for about three years, it's kept in my bedroom, and no ill effects for me....if that makes you feel any better!

I know (from experience) it is really good for meditation and spirit guidance, but I think its power only comes into effect when you're actively working with it and focusing on it.

I've got desert rose as well, which is from the gypsum family (same as selenite) and that's never had any negative vibes for me either.

Googled it because I'm intrigued now and found this....

Selenite - information

That link mentions being careful with your thoughts when working with it, also....

If you're determined to get rid of it, at least use it to cleanse your rose quartz first! :green:

I've possessed selenite for about three years, it's kept in my bedroom, and no ill effects for me....if that makes you feel any better!

I know (from experience) it is really good for meditation and spirit guidance, but I think its power only comes into effect when you're actively working with it and focusing on it.

I've got desert rose as well, which is from the gypsum family (same as selenite) and that's never had any negative vibes for me either.

Googled it because I'm intrigued now and found this....

Selenite - information

That link mentions being careful with your thoughts when working with it, also....

If you're determined to get rid of it, at least use it to cleanse your rose quartz first! :green:

Well seeing as I bought it from a shelf.. where no doubt it has been handled many times... I will be definitely cleansing them but will use Volvic (closest I can get to Spa Water near the banks of the Mersey :lol:) and Sea Salt... on them all.. ! Then they can all sit together!

You say you've had no negative affects... have you had positives from the use of Crystals?

I'm studying Feng Shui at the moment and as part of the course I've purchased Crystals for use where needed to balance the rooms.

Sadly, I achieved a D grade in Science and Feng Shui is very science orientated! I am struggling answering some questions and thought the Mental clarity from the Selenite may help :lol:

i have has several crystals for a few years now , and never had any neg effects , i took mine with me on my last driving test and passed :green:, although i did meditate with em a few days before hand
i find mine very good , hth dee

Oey and Zingara are knowledgeable regarding crystals, I know a bit and am very interested in crystals and their healing properties etc.

Have a look at this site, it's fab... Solarraven
and also this link... crystal properties

clearing crystals
grounding and centering

hth's

Thanks alot Sandi.. had a very good read of the first site and have bookmarked it... and am now going to check out the second.

I am going to let husband have a bath later with Rose Quartz... see if he feels refreshed from it... only when he's finished plaster boarding the extension out though :lol:

Selenite comes in two forms: as a clear crystal with both clarity and a lovely shimmery quality, and in a form called a rosette.
The clear selenites, like all clear crystals -- quartz, calcite, fluorite, and danburite -- have the quality of activating the seventh (crown) chakra.
The seventh chakra is our direct connection to spirit. When it is balanced we understand our relationship with the universe. We feel our connection with other humans and other forms of life.
Clear selenite's particular contribution towards furthering this connection is its ability to allow us to consciously understand our own deepest inner truth, that part of ourselves which is not body, not emotions or thoughts, but pure spirit. In this sense, it helps us to be in touch with our purpose for being in physical existence.
Because of its ability to help us filter out ego-based messages and thoughts it is an excellent crystal for meditation when placed on the crown (top of the head). It can also help to clear up mental confusion.
Selenite rosettes are named for their resemblance to roses. Each rosette appears to have many petals. They are usually tan or beige in color, and are opaque.
Spiritually, the rose represents pure love, which is the highest vibration. I think of selenite rosettes as grounding this energy. I like to use them at the base chakra (from the feet to the hip), where they stabilize my own energy and that of any other crystals with which I may be meditating.
I find it significant that selenite, in both its forms, relates to purity. There is also a deeper connection. I believe love is the medium which enables us to experience our connection to all of life, and find that working with both forms of selenite can deepen this experience.

i use alot of crystals in my spells ect ( white witch) and have never had any bad feelings from this
just run under running water for 1 min then leave out in the sun to charge the energy

Selenite
Healing it aligns the spinal column and promotes flexibility. It guards against epileptic seizures. It neutralizes mercury poisoning from dental amalgam and reverses the effects of 'free radicals'. It is an excellent crystal for breastfeeding and nurturing a child. Its finest healing occurs at the energetic levels.
POSITION Hold or place around the house. (NOTE: Selenite dissolves when wet)
Orange-Brown : Earth angelic energies and aids earth healing
Blue: Placed on the 3rd eye quiets intellect, facilitates shutting off mind chatter during meditation, and quickly reveals the core of a problem.
Green: assists in working towards the highest good. It makes you feel good about yourself and helps overcome the effects of aging on the skin and skeleton.
Fishtail: Provides deep healing for the nerves. It is extremely calming, stabilizing emotions and defusing tension. This form of selenite os often called Angels Wing Selemite as it facilitates angelic contact.
Dessert Rose: helps to dissolve self-imposed programs that have been running for too long. It releases the program and assists in finding an appropriate affirmations of purpose.
ATTRIBUTES:
Translucent Selenite has a very fine vibration and brings clarity of mind, opening the crown and higher crown chakras and accessing angelic consciousness and higher guidence. Pure Selenite is a link to the light body helping to anchor in the earth vibration.
Selenite is a calm stone that instills deep peace and is excellent for meditation or spiritual work. Telepathy is enhanced by each person holing a piece of pure-vibration Selenite. The purest translucent white has an ethereal quality and is said to inhabit the place between light and matter. An ancient stone, it is nevertheless one of the most powerful crystals for the new vubration on earth.
Selenite can be used to form a protective grid around the house, creating safe and quiet space that does not allow outside influences in - use internally in the corners of the house. A large piece of Selenite placed in the house ensures a peaceful atmosphere. Selenite wands can be used to detach entites form the aura or for preventing anything external from influencing the mind.
Carryinh the imprint of all that has happened in the world, Selenite reaches other lives and is very useful for checking on progress made and for accessing the plan for the present life from the between-lives state. It pinpints lessons and issues that are still being worked upon, and shows how they can best be resolved. It can be used for scrying to see the future or to ascertain what has happened in the past.
Psychologically, Selenite assists judgement and insight. Mentally, it clears confusion and aids seeing the deepr picture. It brings about concious understanding of what has been occurring at the subconscious level. Tis is a powerful disperser and stabilizer for erractic emotions.
PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Taken from my crystal bible, hope it helps!

Awww thanks ladies! :hug:

Latest posts

Back