Working with other local businesses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxHoneybeexx

Reaction score
Hi ladies ,

I run a pamper party company and am quite keen to work alongside other businesses practically cupcakes , sweet tree and balloon companies etc. I recently contacted a local cupcake company who's cakes looked fantastic . I asked if she could give me a cost price and recommended retail price for cupcakes for my parties .She replied saying she didn't understand what I ment and she didn't think it was far that I should make money of her work ! My business partner said to take no notice . But things like this play on my mind . Am I in the wrong ? X

No, but not everybody wants to work like that!

We are really busy, and have been approached about doing a discount for a local business and they do one for us. It was a 2 way street, but I'm not up for it because we just don't need to. Maybe if you asked her if you could swap recommendations, that's different. I would be very uncomfortable telling any one my cost prices per service. Maybe the wording could have been slightly different - I'd like to sell these at my party's, could you do me a bulk price - for example. If she's busy, she just may not need it!

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back