Working within the armed forces...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandaxmx

Reaction score
hi. just a quick question i am moving to gremnay on friday with my partner who is based over there....
from what i knwo aslong as i have insurance i am allowed to work doing my hair and nails ??? ... but one of the sergants has told him i am not allowed to do this???? ... am i wrong or is he??? ...
i have a feeling he is only saying this as they have a hairdressers and nail place there and would not want to be losing out... could this be the reason?? as when i have looked into it i cannot find any reason why i cannot work for myself aslong as i am insured and i report it to the right authority over there in the town i am going to ...... please reply any info would be gratefully recieved xxx:rolleyes:

I know you have to be an apprentice trained master hairdresser to have your own business in Germany. It's called Meister in German and I think it's 2 years of extra training after you have worked for a while. Not 100% sure if that only applies to salons or mobile also. Well this used to be the case anyway wouldn't want to completely bet on it with EU regulations and all that. The nail tech part I have no idea. Your best bet is to go to the Stadtverwaltung in the town you are going to live in and speak to the people that deal with commerce. Also there is a thing called Industrie und Handelskammer. They can tell you exactly what you are and are not allowed to do. They are rather strict with things in terms of education and training. I have lived there for a long time and someone I know had a beauty salon and hairdressers. She employed someone who had the "Meister" qualification. When this person left and started her own business the person I know had to close the hairdressing part of the business as she only had apprentice trained hairdressers. Does that make any sense? So the seargent may be right. :sad: But as before your best bet is to ask the Industrie and Handelskammer thing. You just never know.

hi again

I had the exact same problem with army here. Go to your welfare officer and tell them what you need. Say that you want to work from home - what do i need to do?
If its the same there as with us - i got a form to fill out describing everythig i was planning to do, where i was planning to buy my products from (to ensure vat is paid and you cannot get anything tax free via a business)(you cannot buy or receive anything via BFPO). Fill this out, give it back to welfare and they should get your hubby's CO to sign this. Once it comes back you will be given a reference number (if same as here) this ref nu needs to be on every form of advertising.
While this is going on you need to go to your local town hall to get registered etc. Good to go in with german sentences just in case they dont speak english.
PM me if need more help i really dont mind!
HTH

HI working in Germany i would of thought that you would be able to work and the insurance will cover you as you could provide the service from home.

I would say to contact you Hive or welfare office for information or contact you insurance provider as explain the situation.

I have just qualified as a nail tech and my hubby maybe posted back to Germany soon (Which i can't wait for, i miss Germany), let me know how you get on as i may be in the same boat as you in a few months.

Could i possibly ask where in Germany you are posted? :lol:

hi thanx for all the messages:) ... im going to go the the welfare office soon as i get over there :) .. thanx again ..........

i am going over to munster in germany .... cant wait myself :) ... should be an experience :)

Latest posts

Back