Worst set of nails, ever!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
Hi geeks last night i had a bride in for nails, started off wanting gel with tips.

Her thumb nails were so wide my tips wouldnt fit, so i suggest sculpt set , her nails were ok except the thumbs were ski jump nails.

I did what i condsider the worse set of nails, my sculpting was dreadful if it wasnt for the fact she was a bride who gets married on friday i would of cancelled her, as had recieved bad news about my best friend passing away.

I feel dreadful about those nails, my ratio was out, my smile lines looked more like a pained expression :sad: Yet the set i did the other week were perfect, i think its stress about my friend, but i was so tempted to not take the money i was that unhappy about them.

The lady had been going to a NSS and told me they used a e-file on her natural nail, and even cut the sides of her nails down to make the tips fit the nails.

I still feel bad today about them x:o

Was the lady happy with them? If she was then I'd put it behind you. Concentrate on you and deal with loosing your best friend, that's got to be your priority, big hugs :) x

hey chin up!! aslong as your client was happy (which if she paid she probably was), concentrate on you friend!! xx

Life kind a sucks some days!
She paid and therefore we assume she’s content with her nails. IF she come back and not feeling good about them. Can’t you just say what you told us about the bf passing and another client would have been canceled. IF she complains I’m sure she let you remake them and not mess about with you.
And if you not hear from her just think about you did what you could that day and that’s more than some peeps can a really good day, right love?

Get yourself under a snug blanket, and a cuppa of lovely chai. And try to feel all the good things with you and your missed BF. She might be lacking from the earth but her footprints in your heart is forever and that’s all the matter..
A huge hug, know what you are going thru :hug:

Firstly, sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through right now.

That in mind, please don't beat yourself up over this. We all have off days and you may well be focusing on this more than you would normally because you're upset.

Wow, first off allow me to send you my deepest condolences, i know what you are going through. Yesterday I found out a long time friend of my family's son passed away so suddenly(reason is personal) but to get a shocking message like that from a friend over the internet on FB had my mouth opened wide open & my eyes like this:eek:
It's never easy to hear bad news, of a loved one, family member or even a best friend, but when you have to hide it or hold it in while working on a client, no less a bride who is all happy just makes you want to break down & cry.
I so feel for you love & really hope you take the time to mourn her passing the best way you can.

As for your client, she is lucky you didnt bail on her & cancel because she would have a tough time having her nails done at such a last min.

I believe you did the best service you could provide for her under the circumstance. I believe in my heart that if it were another tech, they would have had to cancel her appointment & that would have been far worse for both you & her.

It's not your fault that she had really wide nail beds. It's also not her fault which is probably why she just wanted them done.
If she is unhappy with how the nails came out she would have said something there & then while saying, um, I refuse to leave here with my nails looking this way, let alone if I am going to pay for them, She didnt!? Did she?! NO...she went on her merry way & is going to get married.

If she comes back tomorrow then it's up to you to decide if you want to re do it or just the ones you didnt like or offer her some sort of discount.

Today, you need to just kick back, allow yourself to grieve & unplug your phones.

Sometimes we forget to just take a few breaths/let go & rest a bit when we have a bad day!

Great big hugs to you, know in your heart that you will do better next time, smile lines & all! :hug:

so sorry to hear about your friend.

Dont worry about these nails, it could well be that you are being over critical. Because you have a trained eye you might just be seeing things that someone who's not trained in nails wouldnt have noticed. especially because they're bridal nails because that adds to your nerves because you're so keen to get them perfect.

From my personal experience of doing brides' nails, I think that if she had been even slightly unhappy she would have told you so and asked you to change them, brides in my experience wont tolerate anything being below their high standards of expectation for their weddings, so dont beat yourself up about it. If you really are worried why dont you ring her, say its just a courtesy call because you want to wish her luck for her big day and just want to check that all is still well with her nails because you want to make sure she has perfect nails for her day. That way if she mentions anything that she's not happy with you can invite her in for you to sort them out, and if she says she's happy with them it puts your mind at rest

Latest posts

Back