Would you be put off by too much on offer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButterflyRoom

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I'm in the process of putting together my price lists for my new home salon and have realised there's a lot of treatments I now offer, I've been trained for 12 yrs and quite frequently over the yr's have added new treatments to keep up with trends but now putting everything into a brochure I'm worried people will be put off by how much there is there! I've always invested in good training and I know everything I do is done to the highest standard at the best of my ability I just don't want to put people off before they even step through the door!
What do you think??
🌸

Personally it wouldn't put me off, means if I liked you I could have most things I would want done all in one place!! :)

Same here!! I had to take a couple of things off my price list as they just wouldn't fit on! But from my experience with my clients, they love that I have so much to offer and it means they come to me for all their beauty needs. I sometime worry I will look like jack of all trades :) but as long as you deliver high quality in all your treatments that's all that matters x x x

I would rather go to 1 person for everything than spend the time trying to arrange all different appointments ;-) x

I do raise an eye brow when there is a lot of treatments offered in a salon and I can't really give you a good reason why.

It just makes me 'wonder' and that is no reason at all!

But I absolutely agree that if you can do them all to a good standard; and you want to continue offeirng them all; and there is no 'dead' money tied up in stocking products that there is no longer such a call for; then do it.

And well done for being multi-talented :hug:

Jacqueline makes a very good point about the amount of stock you have to carry if you want to do everything. This is called working capital; my accountant gives me her Paddington Hard Stare when she sees just how much of my money is tied up in stock!

Jacqueline makes a very good point about the amount of stock you have to carry if you want to do everything. This is called working capital; my accountant gives me her Paddington Hard Stare when she sees just how much of my money is tied up in stock!

That's why I always think it's best to stick to as few suppliers as possible. It's surprising how many different face and body treatments can be carried out with a small amount of products when you stick to one account. My Decleor face and body treatment list looks massive, but one product will be used in a few treatments. Yet when you see people who have a facial range with one company, a body scrub from another, a body wrap from another, massage oils from another etc etc, you end up with gazillions of products and I'm sure quite a lot gets wasted!'

Thank-you all of you for taking the time to reply to my thread! You've certainly set my mind to rest!!
🌸xx

Latest posts

Back