Would you consider this a good pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelysam

Reaction score
So, I applied for a hairstylist position at a salon in the city (london). They said they want to hire me at the senior stylist level whereby they will charge 60 pounds per haircut on my level of stylist. They said that I would get 30% on the haircut or 250 base pay per week whichever is greater. Also, from this 30% they will deduct 21% income tax? so that means per haircut around 14.22 pounds. I am required to get their before 10 and be there until late in the evening (the manager was talking something like 8 or 9 p.m) depending on how busy it gets.

Do you ever negotiate a pay like this? or is there a way to do that?

This is a company with 16 salons and proper recruitment systems and stuff. So i'm just dealing with managers and not a direct employer.

I'm wondering if this is something I should consider or if I should keep looking and hope to find something better?

Is this the kind of pay arrangement anyone else has with their employer in the city?

Any feedback is mch appreciated.

sounds about right.At normal commercial speeds you would earn £30 per hour less tax. If you have no clients they are still willing to pay you more than min wage. Unless you are an uber stylist with your own large clientelle to bring, I would advise you to bite their hand off.

So, I applied for a hairstylist position at a salon in the city (london). They said they want to hire me at the senior stylist level whereby they will charge 60 pounds per haircut on my level of stylist. They said that I would get 30% on the haircut or 250 base pay per week whichever is greater. Also, from this 30% they will deduct 21% income tax? so that means per haircut around 14.22 pounds. I am required to get their before 10 and be there until late in the evening (the manager was talking something like 8 or 9 p.m) depending on how busy it gets.

Do you ever negotiate a pay like this? or is there a way to do that?

This is a company with 16 salons and proper recruitment systems and stuff. So i'm just dealing with managers and not a direct employer.

I'm wondering if this is something I should consider or if I should keep looking and hope to find something better?

Is this the kind of pay arrangement anyone else has with their employer in the city?

Any feedback is mch appreciated.

IMO that is EXCELLENT pay - the more you work the more you earn - as a salon owner I would be interested in offerring a rate like this one.

sign that dotted line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back