Would you put acrylic over this nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline90

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!
So last week I pulled my acrylic nail off and it lifted my actual nail from the nail bed, I managed to get the rest of acrylic of after a few days without pain so I could actually assess the damage.. Il attach a picture but it lifted quite far down so I tidied it up the best I could and took the lenght down a lot, it's not sore or anything now but just looks horrible. Would I be best to leave everything off and leave it grow out or would I be ok to put acrylic back on as they are needing to be done soon
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1478546047680.jpg
    1478546047680.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 151
I would on myself but with little or no free edge, the second you put any pressure on that from underneath I'd expect the whole natural nail to detach and potentially come off, so I'd keep it super short. I'd use a clear product, no camouflage powder so you can keep an eye on it for discolouration/deterioration.

Lots of Solar Oil to keep it hydrated and supple to minimise the buckling as it's dries out, and to promote faster growth.

Eta - you can obviously put polush over it to hide the marks, I'd avoid gel polish unless you can buff off super gently, you don't want to be wobbling that nail around with such a small amount of connection.

Yes that's what I was worrying about, if I did knock it again it may come off altogether. I might just leave it and use plenty solar oil like you suggested and leave it grow out.
I don't want to end up worse then it already is.. I will just deal with it the way it is for now lol.
Thanks for the advice

I'd just leave it. It wouldn't take much for it to come off completely

I personally would leave it to heal. Regularly apply lots of Solar Oil, keep it short, apply normal varnish to disguise it if you wish, but leave until it has significantly improved .

Latest posts

Back