Would you want to know if a client had a bad experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'm vain, I think I'm female.

I'm a beautician and 90% of my business is HD brows. I come in contact with tint numerous times on a daily basis. I never get it on my skin. Does this make me completely stupid? I have to disagree.

I'm not wanting to tell her incase she refuses to do my hair I thought maybe it would be polite to mention it, is that wrong?

I didn't want this to start a war of words...I reiterate again...I only asked if I should tell her and as a hairdresser would you want to know. Crikey lol x

What are you hoping to achieve by telling her ? What are you expecting from her ?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Tell her, then you might save the next person from the same fate as you.

The hairdresser next time may not be so quick to work on clients with known allergies. Is someone's health or life worth a bit of hair colour and £50 and a reputation?

I don't think I'm vain, I think I'm female.

I'm a beautician and 90% of my business is HD brows. I come in contact with tint numerous times on a daily basis. I never get it on my skin. Does this make me completely stupid? I have to disagree.

I'm not wanting to tell her incase she refuses to do my hair I thought maybe it would be polite to mention it, is that wrong?

I didn't want this to start a war of words...I reiterate again...I only asked if I should tell her and as a hairdresser would you want to know. Crikey lol x

Ah ok then I was just interested to know- I would mention it to her in that case!

This is Definitely agree to disagree subject I personally will only do highlight/lowlights using poly caps if I have a client with a positive reaction yet my old boss had a client who was allergic and he used to meche her hair with no problems but I'm just too scared just incase lol to me it's just not worth the money xx

There's people who have had their hair coloured for years and then have a reaction out if the blue. it's very dangerous to even foil. my lady who is grey keeps telling be to slap a colour on and I tell her you are allergic that would be like giving peanuts to a person with nut allergies like my sister who was extremely ill after eating them! I always do skin test even people who have had colours before it's professional and it covers your back and your business name!

The only thing I would say to the op is to really think if you want to continue colouring your hair as this has shown how bad a reaction you personally can take just from a bit of excess tint put on your roots so to now have all these symptoms you should consider your future options, I wouldn't txt you hairdresser I would call or pop into the salon and ask to speak in private and explain what's happened as this will as already said make her aware that you can't afford for accidents like this to happen xx

What are you hoping to achieve by telling her ? What are you expecting from her ?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Is iv said on numerous occasions I'm not expecting anything!! But if I did someone's brows for instance and something happened but they kept it a secret and I found out from someone else I would be mortified and I'd ask them why they felt they couldn't tell me. Each one if my friends goes to the same lady so I'd prefer it came from me than them.

This thread has escalated & become pointless. Thanks for your opinions.

I have text her by the way, this morning and as of yet she hasn't replied xx

If it was me I would like my client to tell me, then we could discuss other options for you. There's always going to be different opinions on this subject and this thread will just continue to go round and round lol to answer your question, yes tell her x

I dont see why you're getting wound up, the debate is separate to your question which has been answered pretty much unanimously regardless of where people stand...everyone has said yes tell her, at the very least so she can be more careful. Others may have quite rightly wanted to claim on her insurance or have a refund so although you dont you're right to tell her.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Asked, answered and now closed as per the OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back