Xmas nail stickers - any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeauty

Reaction score
Hi. Saw these beautiful Christmas nail stickers on ebay with cute pictures of presents , Xmas tree and santa. Just wondered will they last long if I apply a normal polish , stick them on and apply normal top coat . Please suggest !
Thanks X
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had varying luck with stickers. I've picked them up in all sorts of places - beauty shops, beauty shows, online nail shops, Ebay, pound shops... I've found it doesn't always matter how much you spend, but sometimes the stupid things just. won't. stick!

Oddly enough, the ones that I've found stick the absolute best are ones from Poundland. I hated to admit this, but yes, they were great little stickers. So many of the ones I've tried don't adhere, or their edges roll up before you can get the top coat on and it makes a mess.

So if you can find ones that stick well, by all means use them with normal polish and top coat. I would let your colour underneath dry quite well before putting the stickers on, then top coat it.

* Also, one note of caution with the Ebay ones... a lot of the sticker sets come from China and take a month to ship. Make sure you'll have them before New Years!

Thanks a lot hon. I have ordered from eBay this morning as they were just 2 pounds including 1st class delivery. So let's see how it goes but will grab a few from pound shop now. :)

Thanks a lot hon. I have ordered from eBay this morning as they were just 2 pounds including 1st class delivery. So let's see how it goes but will grab a few from pound shop now. :)

The ones I like from Poundland are in a pink packet - they were silver flowers. But I also bought some Christmas tree ones as well.

Good luck with your stickers!

Hi, out of curiosity, can you use the stickers with gels as well and then apply top coat to seal?

Hi, out of curiosity, can you use the stickers with gels as well and then apply top coat to seal?

Yes - that can work, but sometimes they won't stick to the gel's sticky layer. It's trial and error, I'm afraid.

Latest posts

Back