Yahoo directories, is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Hey business geeks!
I have been creating my own website over the last week and a half (courtesy of Moonfruit) and have been doing my MetaTags as advised on here. Anyway I was looking at a website that gives out information on advertising your business and it recommended listing your website on Yahoo Express as it really aids you in getting your website on the first page of Google and people looking at your website. Does anybody have their salon listed? I thought it sounded like a really good idea until I noticed that they want £199 for it! Eek!
Is it worth it or is it just for businesses that sell nationwide via a website?
Thankyou. :)

It's good but not worth £200! You would get more of a response by having a link to your website on here. Or regular ads on Gumtree, or by commenting on appropriate blogs with a link to your website.

I pay for a link on my Yell listing ... This costs me £10 a month. Generates referrals and ensures my listing is above all the free ones. A much better place to spend your money ... This would get you nearly two years of a Yell listing with the cost spread out over the same time.

Mat

Thankyou. Do you mean including a link to my website with every comment I make on this site? :)

Not with every comment that could become tiresome. Put a link in your profile, also on your blog. Do a blog post about your new website, share your experience of using Moonfruit and let others give you some feedback on it.

Mat

Thanks for the advice. As soon as my website is ready I'll do just that. :)

Latest posts

Back