Yell.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy1981

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently took advantage of my free listing on yell.com and since then I've had a lady call me and offer me advertising on their website for £10 a month.

Does anyone else do this? Is it worth it?

I'm just starting out and struggling to get new clients but wondered if this would be a good form of advertising.

Thanks for any help or advice

Sarah x

there is no harm in trying, do you know if they are a well known website? if so it may be a great idea for you especially if they are local to you bringing in local traffic xxx

I have only ever had a free listing with Yell.com
Maybe ask if you can do a 30 day trial and see how much business it generates.
Personally I never use yell.com to search for businesses - I search google... Where do they rank?

You will get loads of calls offering you advertising on a web site for £10 a month.!!! and I mean loads. Is the offer from yell ( Hibu) or another comapany? If it's another company be caucious!

First check out the web site..does it exist!
are any other local companies listed? is it a professional web site? does it rank well?

Find another company listed that's near you ( eg a plumber ) then google 'plumber near 'your town' ' and see what comes up. Does the company ( who's trying to sell you the service- not the plumber ) show up in the results?

Basically you could be paying £10 a month for a add on a web site that will never be seen by anyone. There are enough free sites you can get listed on.

An 'enhanced yell listing' from yell themselves is another thing, but check out who else is currently listed in your area and how you rank.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Think I will investigate a bit further as I've read some bad reviews on here now about yell. Hopefully my free listing will generate some business :) x

I do yell. I pay £25 a month. I Get loads of work from it because it comes up top on google and then theyclick into it and in top of yell. Well worth it for me. But I'm in London where it makes a lot of difference to be high on google.

I have a free listing on yell and I get a considerable amount of clients just from that, register on google places so you can do google Adwords, you can place a limit on your budget and advertise that way directly with google x

Latest posts

Back