Yellow based foundation recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Evening all :) could really do with your help if possible.
I am fair skinned but with a yellow undertone and i cant seem to find the right foundation ): it seems that every brand in superdrug/boots have pinky undertones and its really getting to me now (this has been going on years and i have used countless brands; the usual brands like maybeline, rimmel, boujior etc designer brands, dior, ysl, chanel and pro brands mac & artdeco. Ive even looked on nicole from girls aloud's make up line but it doesnt say what tones are in them. I struggle with getting a foundation that is light enough as most stores dont stock the lighter colours or simply dont have them. My favourite one was maybeline dream foundation but even the lightest shade, light porcelain was still too dark. I might be asking for the impossible but does anyone know of any brands that offer a very light yellow based foundation? Thanks xx

Have you tried Bare Minerals Light? It's yellow based and is one of their lightest shades x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Have you tried Illamasqua? They're the go-to place for very fair shades and they have a huge colour range.

Yarby and OCC I think does yellow based foundations :)

Try Jane Iredale!
I'm yellow tones and Warm Sienna matches me perfectly

All bobbi brown foundations are yellow based , or illamasqua do a variety of pink and yellow based and if it's not quite pale enough you can get a white to mix in to make them paler.

Thanks geeks :) is illumasqua a trade only brand? Xx

Thanks geeks :) is illumasqua a trade only brand? Xx
No it's not, you can buy it from their website or shops (or a few other make up shops). But trade get a discount. :)

Definitely try Illamasqua, they have some very yellow shades and go very light too. Was MAC NC15 never any good for you? The C in their shades denotes the yellower ones.

I am very pale with yellow undertones (mac NC15 is too dark for me) and some foundations that I have found to work for me are:

*bobbi brown porcelain foundations (think they do a lighter shade called alabaster)

* Bourjois healthy mix serum in no 51 (just a tad tad too dark but def much better than most foundations , also found the serum is lighter than the plain healthy mix foundation)

*Gosh perfect something (sorry label is worn off , its a black rectangular tube that you squeeze) in porcelain , it's slightly pink but only every so slightly and actually a pretty good match for my skin

I haven't tried the kryolan foundations but have heard from other very pale people that there range is brilliant , and also heard very good things about illamasqua but again never tried so can't really comment

Best of luck ! It's not easy being pale is it :D

I am very pale with yellow undertones (mac NC15 is too dark for me) and some foundations that I have found to work for me are:

*bobbi brown porcelain foundations (think they do a lighter shade called alabaster)

* Bourjois healthy mix serum in no 51 (just a tad tad too dark but def much better than most foundations , also found the serum is lighter than the plain healthy mix foundation)

*Gosh perfect something (sorry label is worn off , its a black rectangular tube that you squeeze) in porcelain , it's slightly pink but only every so slightly and actually a pretty good match for my skin

I haven't tried the kryolan foundations but have heard from other very pale people that there range is brilliant , and also heard very good things about illamasqua but again never tried so can't really comment

FYI - Alabaster has been discontinued across the Bobbi range. Stock uo if you can if there is a particular foundation/concealer you like! Porcelain is rather pink I believe.

I had heard rumors of that alabaster was going to be discontinued , this is the second time they've done it ! I remember buying it years ago and then in go discontinued and repromoted a few years later :rolleyes:

I have to say I use both the porcelain foundation stick and concealer from bobbi brown and they are both yellow based in my opinion. Not very yellow but def not pink either , it's a perfect match for my skin :lol:

Definatly not easy being a paley! I once bought estee lauder double wear in bone but it was too heavy for my skin (i was 17 at the time) but that is the lightest one ive had. Ive had a look at the GOSH range on superdrug, is this the one you were onabout? GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Make Up 11 Porcelain at Superdrug the reviews are good. Might treat myself :) xx

Definitely try Illamasqua, they have some very yellow shades and go very light too. Was MAC NC15 never any good for you? The C in their shades denotes the yellower ones.
No it was far too 'orangey' on my skin as it wasnt light enough :/ i kept asking the lady if it was going to be too dark & she said no. Bloody liar! Xx

yep thats the one i use , its a really nice foundation, medium coverage, it is just a tad pink if i'm honest but once it's on my skin it doesn't look pink :D

I'm going to try it tomo :) so annoying that 99% of the light foundations are pink! Hopefully it will be good xx