Yellow/green tone in grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoria Breed

Reaction score
Hi
Just need some adevice, my client wanted grey so I pre-lightened her hair and used igora sliver whites sliver first time it was just a yellow green, so I reapplied and it looked a lot better but still has a tinge of yellow green to it, what can I use to get more of a grey to her?

When doing any sort of Granny grey, you need to tone the bleached pale yellow first with a violet toner before applying your grey tint. Otherwise, it will go green.

I don't know how green it is so probably safer to experiment with Violet/pinky tones on small sections to see how it grabs. (Red neutralises green)

I don't know how green it is so probably safer to experiment with Violet/pinky tones on small sections to see how it grabs. (Red neutralises green)

Yes this is what I was thinking it's only very slight luckily she is family so quite happy with us experimenting, I was thinking igora silverwhite dove grey to put over

I would probably cleanse out the toner with bleach and a shampoo ratio, when lifted reapply a toner to take out the yellow, like a 9-60? Or if it's not to yellow I normally just use a purple shampoo and that does the job. But make sure u keep an eye on it depending how yellow it is, then wash rinse and then go in with ur grey. It should hold and take a lot better as u would be working with a cleanse base. Hope that helps [emoji4]

Be careful when applying toners cause of you leave them on too long the hair will go purple!

I don't think it's a good idea to just keep putting grey over green... you're just reapplying ash to an already ash colour, you need to cleanse out the toner, bleach up and tone out all yellow. Then apply the grey :)

If the grey toner is a blue ash it will react with any yellow in the hair ( even very pale ) to give a green tinge ! X

Latest posts

Back