yellow hair!i

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginahhrose

Reaction score
hi :) i recently had my hair bleached at a salon and theres still some yellow left in it, most of its white but theres still patched of yellow. ive seen toners on the internet and ime not sure what to use, ime not hairdressing until ive done my beauty courses so i need help with this!

any help is appreciated :) x

hi

I would go back to the salon,and explain,and they should tone it for you. best wishes xxxxx

thanks, deffoo gonna do this but seen as i get it done at work, and its pretty busy for the next few weeks, ime not sure when i could get it done :/ and i want it totally white, would toners at a salon do this or just make it a natural blonde and are there any toners i could buy to make it white my self, dont wana waste any money on anything until i know for sure it works! x

Violet can neutralize yellow, blue can make it green so be careful. A toner will not make the spots white just tone down the yellow. You need to spot bleach the yellow and use a violet shampoo. All and all if you do nothing your hair is porous and will probably fade to a lovely pale color in a week or two.

Last edited:
hi

Try some silver shampoo to tone down the yellow. xxxxxxxxxx

hi, thanks, i use silver shampoo and its not been working :/ think ime definetly going to leave it for a few weeks, see if it fades but ime scared of bleaching it again as i dont want it to snap :/ thankyou tho! xxx

Yes I use loreal silver shampoo once a week, really brightens up my colour and removes and brassy bits x

this is my speciality in hairdressing!

before you think about toners, GO BACK TO THE SALON and get it spot bleached, this only takes 5 minutes im sure your salon has time to do this.

what sort of brand does your salon work with? loreal? wella? if loreal, use p02 luocolor milkshake NOT p01 as i find this tends to bring down the depth around half to a whole shade, po2 is used is the hair has a yellow underbase as it has a violet underbase rather than a pearl one. if your salon works with wella, then i would do a very strong toner which will clean out the blonde as well, (i really do recommend using wella rather than loreal for bleach platinum blonde) this colour really does achieve the most beautiful blonde, use 10/16 koleston perfect with pastel,

you will get a beautiful ash creamy blonde with absolutly no brassiness, but make sure your salon bleach spots first! bleach spotting only takes literally 5 minutes, this happens when the stylist has not allowed enough development time.

and ive tried out many silver shampoos over the years on clients, and be far the best one is lanza silver shampoo, it carries natural viola flower and is INCREDIBLY strong, i thought loreal professionel silver was strong but this thing has a mind of its own, i cant tell you over a computer if your hair is porous or not, but if it is use a DOT of this shampoo, and then mix the rest with another shampoo called silka quick silver, the ratio should be around lanza 1:4 silka, finish with silka quick silver conditioner. if your hair is not porous you can use half and half lanza and silka shampoo.

Latest posts

Back