yellowing dry nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extensionten

Reaction score
Looked in search and couldn't find any thing!
I have a lovely client. She had never had enhancements on before. She is over 45 and has very dry skin. her cuticles are soooo dry, even with oil. Anyway, on her first appointment I noticed that her nails were very yellow! so, I did ask if she smoked (that is what it looked like - a 40 a dayer) .... she doesn't. When I file there is a really horrible smell....I have a weak stomach and I feel sick. I mean it smells a bit like B.O. Now, she is a very clean, neat, well turned out lady. She obviously looks after herself. Her hands are very dry as i said and so are her nails. I had to soak off her nails and reapply because, where the nails turn yellow, the product did too! This is the first time I have come across this... anyone any info/view on this? Cos the nails are so dry, but they are growing like there is no tommorrow, I had to soak off my 1st set (after four weeks) and reapply fresh. It looked so much better - but the cost to her will be a lot if I have to keep doing that!! any help will be much appreciated!... I use ezflow and she had sculpted pink and white... took off and put white tips and clear on this time - if you needed to know. lol

i have come across this before.
it was on a lady and smelt awful...and my product yellowed on application.
i presumed she actually bit her nails so bad and the skin around them till they bled and it was stale blood i could smell.
there where no signs of this as she had scrubbed her hands before i got there.
i used to do her daughter regulaly and she wanted a once only set so i never got to do her nails again...but like you any advice on this if it should happen again would be grateful too

she is soooo clean, you can tell she is not dirty. She wears gucci everthing and is just so. I just start to file and I feel soooo sick!!! She is lovely... and she is enjoying having her nails done too. I don't know if she is suitable for enhancements and I really would like her to grow her natural nails (they grown fast - but YELLOW!) she says she likes the permanent white as it doesnt chip etc..... but I really think they would have to soak off every four weeks. I don't mind, cos its soak off and reapply, but it is expensive for her, and I would like to give her the best service I can... does that make sense...?

Latest posts

Back