Yoohoo everybody!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hails

Reaction score
I am new to salon geek so hi everyone!!! im in the proccess of starting up mobile and need a bit of help1 i cant decide on which system/products to use for facial and mani/pedi, any reccommendations? also so many people have told me not to post flyers or leaflets as its a waste of time and money, so does anyone have any ideas :idea: of the most effective way of advertising? xx :)

Hi and congrats on your new business venture!

DEFFO get a website even if you do nothing else! There are loads of threads on here offering advice and recommendations about this. I'm mobile and my website has been invaluable in attracting new clients.

When you've got an online presence get listed on all the free directory sites with a link to your website. You don't HAVE to have a website to do this (you could just have your phone number out there), but statistically people searching for goods and services online like to check out more details online too. I've found Yell.com good for leads too. I pay for an enhanced listing but it's really cheap.

Leaflet drops are not necessarily a waste of time and money, but they are if they're not done properly. There are many variables and it depends what you want to get out of it, what you actually put through the door and what the recipients' "call to action" is - ie what are they being offered and how do you want them to respond? Sticking your price list through the doors of a few streets won't yield the same results as a well thought out, targeted campaign.

You could offer your new clients a "recommend-a-friend" deal. Again, there are threads on here about that, but to use one I read recently as an example, she offered clients who recommended her to a friend 10% off their next treatment after the friend had had a treatment.

Anyway, you've definitely come to the best place for advice and ideas! Good luck! x

Latest posts

Back